Purifoy with the Indianapolis Colts
|No. 28 – Saskatchewan Roughriders|
|Born:||December 16, 1992|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||190 lb (86 kg)|
|High school:||Pensacola (FL) Pine Forest|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
|Player stats at CFL.ca|
Loucheiz Purifoy (born December 16, 1992) is an American professional gridiron football cornerback who is currently playing for the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the Canadian Football League (CFL). He played college football for the University of Florida. Purifoy signed with the Indianapolis Colts as an undrafted free agent after the 2014 NFL Draft. He has also played for the BC Lions and Ottawa Redblacks.
Purifoy was born in Pensacola, Florida. He attended Pine Forest High School in Pensacola, where he played quarterback, running back and wide receiver in the Pine Forest Eagles' split-back veer offense. He was also a long jumper and sprinter for the Pine Forest track team. Purifoy was a standout in the long jump and triple jump, posting personal marks of 7.21 meters and 14.68 meters, respectively. In addition, he competed in the 200 meters, recording a personal best of 22.08 seconds.
Purifoy accepted an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida, where he played for coach Will Muschamp's Florida Gators football team from 2011 to 2013. As a true freshman in 2011, he played in all thirteen games as a reserve cornerback and on special teams. As a sophomore in 2012, he started twelve of thirteen games, recording 51 tackles. As a junior in 2013, he started seven of eleven games, recording 24 tackles, two interceptions and two quarterback sacks.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad|
|5 ft 11 in
|32 3⁄4 in
|8 1⁄2 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
Purifoy's problems off the field may have contributed to a slip from a late draft pick to an undrafted free agent. On May 12, 2014, it was announced that the Indianapolis Colts agreed to terms with Purifoy. Purifoy went into the preseason with a competition with fellow cornerback Marcus Burley. Both performed well and cutting either would be difficult, so the Colts traded Burley to the Seattle Seahawks for a 6th round draft pick. The Colts kept Purifoy and was on their initial 53-man roster. Purifoy dressed for 11 games during the 2014 season, seeing his snap count increase over the course of the year. He was waived on November 27.
Purifoy was claimed off waivers by the Seahawks on November 28, 2014, but was waived after a failed physical on December 1, 2014. Whilst a free agent, Purifoy was suspended by the NFL for the first ten weeks of the 2015 season, most likely for violating the substance abuse policy.
On March 21, 2016 Purifoy signed a contract with the BC Lions of the Canadian Football League. According to Lions head coach Wally Buono, Purifoy had a very impressive first season in the CFL. He was, however, deemed ineligible for rookie of the year consideration based on the fact that he had dressed for a NFL regular season game in the past. Purifoy had a strong second season with the Lions in 2017, amassing 49 defensive tackles, three special teams tackles and three interceptions. Following the 2017 season, Purifoy was not re-signed by the Lions and became a free agent.
On the first day of free agency, February 13, 2018, Purifoy was signed to a one-year contract by the Ottawa Redblacks. He played in the Redblacks first seven games of the season and contributed with 29 tackles, one interception and a forced fumble. Purifoy was released by the Ottawa RedBlacks on August 6, 2018.
- "Purifoy's Drive and Toughness are Homegrown". GatorZone.com. July 13, 2013.
- Florida CB Loucheiz Purifoy to go pro. ESPN.com. November 30, 2013.
- "NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Loucheiz Purifoy". Nfl.com. Archived from the original on December 6, 2014. Retrieved November 29, 2014.
- Holder, Stephen (November 28, 2014). "Colts waive rookie CB Loucheiz Purifoy after minor, in-house disciplinary issues". Indianapolis Star. Retrieved July 26, 2017.
- "Loucheiz Purifoy signs with Indianapolis Colts". NFL Spin Zone. Retrieved November 29, 2014.
- "Seahawks". The Seattle Times. Retrieved November 29, 2014.
- "2014 Colts 53-Man Roster". Colts.com. Retrieved November 29, 2014.
- "Indianapolis Colts make roster moves". colts.com. November 27, 2014. Retrieved November 27, 2014.
- Cohen, Stephen (November 28, 2014). "Seahawks place LB Kevin Pierre-Louis on injured reserve, claim CB Loucheiz Purifoy". blog.seattlepi.com. Retrieved November 29, 2014.
- Crabtree, Curtis (December 1, 2014). "Seahawks waive Loucheiz Purifoy after failed physical". Pro Football Talk. Retrieved December 2, 2014.
- "NFL suspends four free agents not currently with teams". UPI. Retrieved March 24, 2016.
- "B.C. Lions bring in speedster Colin Lockett and former collegiate bad-boy Loucheiz Purifoy". www.theprovince.com. Retrieved March 24, 2016.
- "Beamish: Ineligible for CFL rookie award, Purifoy's first season impresses veteran Lions". Vancouver Sun. November 3, 2016. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
- "Redblacks sign DB Loucheiz Purifoy". ottawaredblacks.com. Retrieved February 13, 2018.
- "Redblacks release defensive back Loucheiz Purifoy". Ottawa Sun. August 7, 2018. Retrieved August 8, 2018.
- "Riders agree to terms with DB Purifoy - Article - TSN". TSN. August 7, 2018. Retrieved August 8, 2018.