|Long Days of Vengeance|
|Directed by||Florestano Vancini|
|Story by||Mahnahen Velasco|
|Music by||Armando Trovajoli|
|Edited by||Angeles Prufia|
|Distributed by||I.F.C. - International Film Company|
Long Days of Vengeance (Italian: I lunghi giorni della vendetta is a 1967 Western film directed by Florestano Vancini. It is the only western directed by Vancini, here credited as Stan Vance. The film is a Spaghetti Western version of Alexandre Dumas' novel The Count of Monte Cristo.
Ted Barnett escapes from prison and returns to his home town to prove that he did not commit murder and also find the man who murdered his father. To do this he must disclose the respected landowner Cobb as a smuggler.
- Giuliano Gemma as Ted Barnett
- Francisco Rabal as Sheriff Douglas
- Gabriella Giorgelli as Dulcie
- Conrado San Martín as Cobb
- Nieves Navarro as Dolly
- Doro Corrà as Morgan
- Milo Quesada as Gomez
In his investigation of narrative structures in Spaghetti Western films, Fridlund groups this film with some other successful westerns where the Giuliano Gemma character is falsely accused and seeks vindication. What sets I lunghi giorni della vendetta apart is its skillful play with ironic humour and surprises.
- "Lunghi giorni della vendetta (1967)" (in Italian). Archiviodelcinemaitaliano.it. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- Grant 2011, p. 446.
- Marco Giusti (2007). Dizionario del western all'italiana. Mondadori, 2007. ISBN 978-88-04-57277-0.
- Fridlund, Bert: The Spaghetti Western. A Thematic Analysis. Jefferson, NC and London: McFarland & Company Inc., 2006 pp. 113-8.