This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
New Routemaster on route 55
|Peak vehicle requirement||40|
|Night-time||Night Bus N55|
|Start||Walthamstow bus station|
In 1990, the section of the route that linked Leyton and Oxford Circus was withdrawn. It was reinstated in 1997 after a campaign by Waltham Forest residents.
New Routemasters were introduced on 28 February 2015. The rear platform remains closed at all times except for when the bus is at bus stops. On 12 October 2019, route 55 was extended to Walthamstow bus station after the withdrawal of route 48.
- "History of Stagecoach London". Retrieved 29 April 2016.
- Craig, Zoe (15 September 2016). "How Do London's Buses Get Their Numbers?". Londonist.
- "Campaign hails bus and bike safety record on 'congested' Lea Bridge Road after no accidents since 2005". East London and West Sussex Guardian. 30 November 2016.
- 2010 Bus Tender Result Transport For London
- 2015 Bus Tender Result Transport For London
- "Route 55 and 15 to be served by New Routemaster buses". 26 January 2015.
- Permanent Bus Changes Transport for London
- Media related to London Buses route 55 at Wikimedia Commons