|Length||9 miles (14 km)|
Route 252 originally operated within Romford. On 8 January 1958, it was extended to Collier Row and converted to double deck operation with AEC Regent III RTs. From 26 November 1958 it was extended to Hornchurch.
Upon being put up for tender, it passed to Frontrunner South East on 3 September 1988. Route 252 was included in the sale of the business to Ensignbus, which in turn sold the business to Capital Citybus on 29 September 1990. From 14 September 1991, the route was withdrawn between Hornchurch and Gidea Park.
Upon being re-tendered, the route was retained by First London with a new contract commencing on 27 September 2008. When next tendered, the route passed to Stagecoach London's Rainham garage on 29 September 2013.
- EBS to buy Frontrunner Commercial Motor 6 July 1989 page 19
- From Hong Kong by bus Commercial Motor 10 January 1991
- Tendered Bus Services Select Committee on Environment, Transport and Regional Affairs March 1999
- Annual Report Year Ended 31 March 1999 FirstGroup
- Bus tender results Route 252 Transport for London 28 March 2008
- Bus tender results Route 252 Transport for London 31 January 2013
- Tendering Stagecoach 1 February 2013
- Tender News BusTalk (Go-Ahead London) issue 21 April 2013
Media related to London Buses route 252 at Wikimedia Commons