Lodi Township, Michigan
Township Hall on Pleasant Lake Road
Rooted in Agriculture
Location within Washtenaw County
|• Supervisor||Janann Godek|
|• Clerk||Christina Smith|
|• Total||34.4 sq mi (89.2 km2)|
|• Land||34.3 sq mi (88.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.5 km2)|
|Elevation||942 ft (287 m)|
|• Density||180/sq mi (68/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1626636|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 34.4 square miles (89.2 km2), of which 34.3 square miles (88.8 km2) is land and 0.19 square miles (0.5 km2), or 0.53%, is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 5,710 people, 1,960 households, and 1,611 families residing in the township. The population density was 169.4 per square mile (65.4/km²). There were 2,031 housing units at an average density of 60.2 per square mile (23.3/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 94.24% White, 2.28% African American, 0.32% Native American, 1.40% Asian, 0.05% Pacific Islander, 0.26% from other races, and 1.45% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.23% of the population.
There were 1,960 households out of which 41.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 73.9% were married couples living together, 6.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 17.8% were non-families. 13.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 4.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.91 and the average family size was 3.22.
In the township the population was spread out with 29.4% under the age of 18, 6.0% from 18 to 24, 26.5% from 25 to 44, 29.1% from 45 to 64, and 9.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 39 years. For every 100 females, there were 97.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 97.2 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $88,419, and the median income for a family was $96,233. Males had a median income of $68,667 versus $39,722 for females. The per capita income for the township was $37,516. About 2.8% of families and 3.3% of the population were below the poverty line, including 4.1% of those under age 18 and 4.4% of those age 65 or over.
Schaible Farm, Pleasant Lake Rd.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Lodi Township, Michigan
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Lodi township, Washtenaw County, Michigan". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 10, 2012.
- The Lodi Cemetery, by Grace Shackman. Ann Arbor Observer Then & Now, Community Observer, Spring 2008, accessed 15 Dec 2017.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Lodi township, Washtenaw County, Michigan". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 10, 2012.