|Directed by||Sooni Taraporevala|
|Written by||Sooni Taraporevala|
|Distributed by||Viacom 18 Motion Pictures|
Little Zizou won the "Rajat Kamal" of 'National Film Award for Best Film on Family Welfare' category at the 56th National Film Awards.
Xerxes, 'Little Zizou' as he is known, is an eleven-year-old football-crazy Parsi boy whose fervent wish is that his idol, Zinedine Zidane, visit Mumbai. His older brother Artaxerxes, or Art, is a talented artist whose wild fantasies come to life in surprising ways. Their father Khodaiji is a self-proclaimed protector-of-the-faith who thrives on the attentions (and donations) of hopeful believers.
Art burns with unrequited love for the daughter of Khodaiji's arch rival, Pressvala, a free thinking newspaper publisher. And to the extreme displeasure of their other daughter, Xerxes adores the maternal Mrs Pressvala. But the real fireworks begin when Pressvala writes a scathing critique of Khodaiji and public reaction is widespread. As the two households fight, life becomes complicated. Liana ( the younger daughter), finally lets Xerxes be her friend. Khodaiji shuts down Presswala's office. Presswala gets a heart attack. Will Khodaiji reform his ways? Will Pressvala let Art be Zenobe's ( the older daughter)?[clarification needed] This is what forms the rest of the story.
|Boman Irani||Boman Pressvala|
|Jahan Battivala||Xerxes Khodaiji|
|Iyanah Bativala||Liana Pressvala|
|Sohrab Ardeshir||Cyrus II Khodaiji|
|Imaad Shah||Artaxerxes Khodaiji|
|Shernaz Patel||Miss Patel|
|Zenobia Shroff||Roxanne Pressvala|
|Mahabanoo Mody-Kotwal||Majestic Grandmother|
|Tknow Francorsi||Tito Fellini|
|Kurush Deboo||Kurush Chief Disciple|
|Kamal Sidhu||Alka Mehta|
|Dilshad Patel||Zenobia Pressvala|
|John Abraham||Arjun (Special Appearance)|
- Banner: Jigri Dost Productions and Viacom 18 Motion Pictures
- Presented by: Mira Nair and Viacom 18 Motion Pictures
- Distributor: Viacom 18 Motion Pictures
- Produced by: Dinaz Stafford, Sooni Taraporevala and Vandana Malik
- Written And directed by: Sooni Taraporevala
- Original music: Bickram Ghosh, Giuliano Modarelli
- Executive producer: Brad Gross
- Director of photography: Himman Dhamija
- Production designer: Nitin Chandrakant Desai
- Art director: Amrita Singh
- Editors: T.Woody Richman and Kristina Boden
- Associate editor: Rachel Reuben
- Costumes designers: Arjun Bhasin and Shahnaz Vahanvaty
- Director of choreography: Shiamak Davar
- "Sooni Taraporevala's new film LITTLE ZIZOU: Website launch & NYC festival screening". Zagny. 8 September 2008. Retrieved 30 September 2008.
- "Deepa Mehta's film to open film fest in New York". Hindustan Times. Press Trust of India (PTI). 22 September 2008. Retrieved 30 September 2008.
- "From Salaam Bombay to Little Zizou". rediff.com. Retrieved 30 September 2008.
- "56th National Film Awards". International Film Festival of India. Archived from the original on 15 October 2013. Retrieved 27 March 2012.
- "56th National Film Awards (PDF)" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals. Retrieved 27 March 2012.
- "John Abraham to play Parsi boy in Little Zizou". Bollywood Mantra. 20 February 2008. Archived from the original on 20 February 2012. Retrieved 30 September 2008.
- "Little Zizou". India Post. 22 June 2008. Archived from the original on 10 October 2008. Retrieved 30 September 2008.