This is a list of institutions in the United Kingdom by the number of students enrolled in higher education courses. The source for the figures is the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) statistics for 2016/17. The student numbers include full-time and part-time, and are broken down into undergraduate and postgraduate students. Some institutes enrol students in both higher education and further education courses, so student numbers may be higher for such institutes. Numbers are of actual enrollments, not FTEs. The data show that 2.28 million people were enrolled in higher education at the 167 higher education providers reporting statistics to HESA.
Statistics are for students within the UK only and do not include distance-learning students studying overseas. There were 663,915 overseas students recorded by HESA in 2014/15, of which 42.7% were studying on Association of Chartered Certified Accountants courses and registered at Oxford Brookes University. Other significant overseas programs include the University of London (Worldwide), with 52,000 students in 2014/15.
Universities and other higher education providers by size
- List of largest universities by enrollment
- List of universities in the United Kingdom
- List of UK universities by date of foundation
- List of UK universities by endowment
- The University of London is a confederal organisation made up of a number of constituent colleges which, along with the University's central institutions and activities, are listed separately.
- HESA gives separate statistics for the Open University in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Constituent college of the University of London.
- "2016/17 Students by HE provider, level, mode and domicile" (CSV). Higher Education Statistics Agency. Retrieved 25 March 2018.
- "Introduction ��� Students 2014/15". HESA. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "Financial Statements 2014���15" (PDF). University of London. p. 7. Archived from the original (PDF) on 17 September 2016. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- Combined total of "2016/17 Students by HE provider, level, mode and domicile" (CSV). Higher Education Statistics Agency. Retrieved 25 March 2018. The listed institutions in the total are Birkbeck, Central School of Speech and Drama, City, University of London, Courtauld Institute of Art, Goldsmiths, Institute of Cancer Research, Institute of Education, King's College, Business School, School of Economics, School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Queen Mary, Royal Academy of Music, Royal Holloway, Royal Veterinary College, School of Oriental and African Studies, St George's, Central institutes & activities and Heythrop College.