This is a list of the top 20 newspapers in India by circulation. These figures include both print and digital subscriptions, are compiled by the Audit Bureau of Circulations. The figures include normal print editions, branded print editions (e.g., regional editions or editions tailored for commuters), and digital subscriptions (e.g., for tablet computers or restricted-access).
Circulation figures try to estimate the number of copies sold, while readership figures are usually higher as they tend to estimate the number of people who actually read the newspaper. Typically, readership tends to be 2.5 times circulation, though this may be higher or lower depending on individual cases.
List of newspapers and circulation figures
|3||The Times of India||Mumbai||English||2,826,164|
|4||Hindustan Dainik||New Delhi||Hindi||2,625,343|
|15||Ananda Bazar Patrika||Kolkata||Bengali||1,080,478|
|17||Hindustan Times||New Delhi||English||1,004,110|
- "Circulation vs readership". The basics of sellign newspaper advertising. McLinnis and associates. Retrieved 6 January 2019.
- "Submission of circulation figures for the audit period Jul –Dec 2018" (PDF). Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- "Details of most circulated publications for the audit period Jan – Jun 2018" (PDF). Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved 27 December 2018.
- "Highest Circulated Daily Newspapers 2018 (language wise)" (PDF). Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved 5 January 2019.
- Details of language wise most circulated dailies for the audit period Jul – Dec 2018 by Audit Bureau of Circulations
- Details of language wise most circulated dailies for the audit period Jan – Jun 2018 by Audit Bureau of Circulations
- Audit Bureau of Circulation