This is a list of free daily newspapers published around the world, organized by country.
- Metro (separate Dutch and French versions)
- 20 minutos (whole Spain) - circulation > 1,500,000 units
- 20 Minuti
Most of the papers listed are no longer published daily (as noted); they have either ceased publication or switched to a weekly/semi-weekly schedule.
- Palo Alto Daily News - Palo Alto; while its website is continuously updated, the physical paper was cut back to a weekly in 2015
- Palo Alto Daily Post - Palo Alto; successor to the Daily News
- San Francisco Examiner - San Francisco As of March, 2020, this paper is only published three times a week—on Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Aspen Times - Aspen
- Colorado Daily - Boulder As of February 2020, this paper has become a weekly, published Fridays only.
District of Columbia
- Washington Examiner - Washington, D.C.; the print edition ended in 2013, although a website continues to provide current news
- Washington Express - Washington, D.C.; On September 12, 2019, Express published its last edition.
- The Epoch Times - Washington DC; The paper, while also offering paid subscriptions, continued to offer papers free at boxes around the city, until August 15, 2019.
- CoconutCreekNews.net Began publishing in 2015
- HardisonInk.com* (HardisonInk.com) - Levy, Dixie and Gilchrist counties, Florida
- MargateNews.net Began publishing in 2010
- NorthLauderdaleNews.net Launched first edition online in 2018
- ParklandNews.net Launched first edition online in 2018
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2019)
- Buell, Spencer. "That's a Wrap for Metro Boston, the Free Paper That Was so Much Fun until It Wasn't". www.bostonmagazine.com. Retrieved 26 March 2020.
- Dan Levin. "When the Student Newspaper Is the Only Daily Paper in Town". The New York Times. Retrieved 2019-11-08.