This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Family-and-homemaking blogs are weblogs that feature commentary and discussions especially about home, family, and parenting. Appellations in media reports of "mom blog," "dad blog," "parenting blog" and "family blog" refer to blogs of this type. Businesses seek to run advertising for household items and children's merchandise on blogs of this type. The greater proportion of authors of blogs of this type are women.
Notable mentions in the media
- Michelle Obama made her first of several blog entries at the group weblog BlogHer on July 17, 2008; all of her posts on this site were its "Mommy & Family" section.
- Elizabeth Edwards, wife of 2008 Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, responded to criticism, originating in the online parenting (or "mom") blog Strollerderby, of Edward's children's accompanying her at campaign appearances.
- CBS News anchor Katie Couric blogged on a multi-author parenting blog New York City Moms Blog prior to her interview of 2008 Republican Vice Presidential candidate, Sarah Palin.
- Jenny Lawson, also known as 'The Bloggess'
- C. Jane Kendrick, C. Jane, Enjoy It
- Heather Armstrong, "Dooce"
- Laurie Puhn, "Expecting Words"
- Lylah M. Alphonse, "Write. Edit. Repeat.", In the Parenthood", "Child Caring", "The 36-Hour Day", and elsewhere
- Ree Drummond, "The Pioneer Woman"
- Nell Minow, "Movie Mom" (motto: "A parent's eye on media, culture, and values")
- Paula Spencer (US journalist)
- Robert Rummel-Hudson, "Schuyler's Monster" ("A father's journey with his wordless daughter")
- Teresa Strasser, "Exploiting My Baby" ("Because it's exploiting me")
- Chelsea Gladden, "Breezy Mama" ("For Smart & Sassy Moms")
- Brainhell (anonymously written, terminal medical-condition and family blog)
- Green Hour Blog
- Parenting (magazine)
- A Modern Mom Blog
- The Washington Times: "Blogging -- already a force in media and politics -- has found a solid place in the parenting community." See .
- Time: "Blogging isn't just for techies, teens and presidential candidates. More parents, especially mothers, are entering the blogosphere, transforming the way moms commiserate and families communicate." See .
- The New York Times: "'Take the money, build the business,' said Gina Garrubbo, the executive vice president of BlogHer, at the panel, 'Is Mommyblogging a Radical Act?'" See .
- St. Paul Pioneer Press: "Dads join the parenting blog ranks." See .
- The Wall Street Journal: "In many cases, parent-bloggers review products, such as diapers, toys and baby gear, and often receive free samples or services from companies hoping to see their wares get real parents’ seal of approval. But things may be changing in the blogosphere, as the Federal Trade Commission considers whether to impose new rules for parent-bloggers." See .
- CNBC's Janet Shamlian: "Companies like Graco and Johnson & Johnson are reaching out to mom bloggers, hoping to get a mention." See .
- "dieTestfamilie - der Produkttest- und Familienblog". www.dietestfamilie.de. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- The Wall Street Journal: "Many bloggers are embracing corporate relationships as they seek to turn their Web hobbies into businesses. Mom bloggers have been especially courted because marketers believe they are regarded as more authentic." See .
- Belkin, Lisa (February 23, 2011). "Queen of the Mommy Bloggers". New York Times.
- Brewer, Anne (2008-07-17). "Organizing for America | Anne Brewer's Blog: "Let's Talk" - Michelle Obama on BlogHer.com". My.barackobama.com. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- The Huffington Post: "Members of the BlogHer community welcomed Obama with open arms. The same invitation to blog Michelle Obama received has been extended to Cindy McCain." See .
- "Jill Asher of Silicon Valley Moms blogs: Jersey Girl". NJ.com. 2009-04-21. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- Couric, Katie (2008-09-22). "NYC Moms: Katie Couric: My Upcoming Interview with Gov. Sarah Palin". Svmomblog.typepad.com. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- "Atlanta News, Sports, Atlanta Weather, Business News". ajc.com. 2009-05-10. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- "Review: 'Mommy blogger' finds success in honesty | Book bandit on the run | knoxnews.com". Blogs.knoxnews.com. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- "Write. Edit. Repeat". Writeeditrepeat.blogspot.com. 2011-01-13. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- Alphonse, Lylah M. (2010-09-16). "In the Parenthood - Mom blog". Boston.com. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- Alphonse, Lylah M. (2010-04-19). "Child Caring - Parenting news advice blog". Boston.com. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- "The 36-Hour Day". Work It, Mom!. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- "Special diets may help children control autism symptoms - Related Stories - CEC SmartBrief". Smartbrief.com. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- Rene Lynch, "The Pioneer Woman, an Internet and publishing sensation", Los Angeles Times, September 23, 2009.
- Bryant, Adam (2009-04-26). "An Executive's Favorite Films About Management". The New York Times.
- "Dads join the parenting blog ranks". TwinCities.com. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- '+relative_time(twitters[i].created_at)+'. "Exploiting My Baby : A Blog by Teresa Strasser |". Teresastrasser.com. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- '+relative_time(twitters[i].created_at)+'. "Breezy Mama For smart & sassy moms! Expert parenting advice, family product reviews, celebrity interviews and more!;". breezymama.com. Retrieved 2008-03-16.