Association football at the professional level is a low scoring sport (see article Association football for more detail). An athlete in association football, or soccer in short, can score 100 goals in international matches by playing a forward position, maintaining a high-level of success in scoring for a long period of usually more than 10 years. This page lists the highly accomplished top all-time female goal scorers in official international football matches for her country. The world governing body FIFA calls this elite group the Century Club.
For every soccer player, especially a player not playing in a forward position, a measure of her accomplishment is the number of times she played for her national team, which shows her value to the team as a competitor on the field. See Most capped international women footballers. The world governing body FIFA calls that elite group the Century Club.
List of players with 100 or more international goals
The first player to reach 100 international goals was Italian Elisabetta Vignotto. Abby Wambach scored 100 goals in 9 years, while Christine Sinclair reached the milestone in just under 10 years while Mia Hamm is the youngest player to score 100 international goals at the age of 26 years 185 days. Most played exclusively in the forward position, with Kristine Lilly and Michelle Akers having also played as midfielder. All players scored at a high average rate of more than one goal every three matches. International goals in this list should not include goals scored in penalty-shoot-out; see Penalty shootout (association football). Players who are currently active at international level are indicated in bold type background.
|Indicates the FIFA world top scorer.|
|Indicates the top scorer of the respective confederation.|
|Indicates the top scorer of the respective nation.|
- As of 11 March 2020
|Date of 100th|
|2||Abby Wambach||Forward||United States||CONCACAF||184||256||0.72||2001–2015||2009-07-20|
|3||Mia Hamm||Forward/Midfielder||United States||CONCACAF||158||275||0.57||1987–2004||1998-09-18|
|4||Kristine Lilly||Forward/Midfielder||United States||CONCACAF||130||352||0.37||1987–2010||2004-10-03|
|6||Carli Lloyd||Midfielder||United States||CONCACAF||123||294||0.42||2005–||2018-04-08|
|Michelle Akers7||Forward/Midfielder||United States||CONCACAF||107||155||0.69||1985–2000||1999-01-30|
|Alex Morgan||Forward||United States||CONCACAF||107||169||0.63||2010–||2019-04-04|
|13||Sun Wen4||Forward||China PR||AFC||106||163||0.65||1990–2006||unknown|
|15||Portia Modise||Forward||South Africa||CAF||101||124||0.81||2000–2015||2014-10-18|
|Han Duan6||Forward||China PR||AFC||101||188||0.54||2000–2011||unknown|
|17||Tiffeny Milbrett||Forward||United States||CONCACAF||100||206||0.49||1991–2006||2005-7-10|
1 Vignotto reportedly scored 107, or 108 goals and her record was broken by Mia Hamm.FIFA indicates that she made 110 appearances. The Italian Football Federation (FIGC) website lists her record as 97 goals in 95 matches.
2 Only Marta's goals scored in full international matches (senior int'l team v senior int'l team) count toward international goal totals.
3 Panico reportedly scored 108 goals in 200 games.
4 FIFA previously listed 166 games, but only 163 games were recorded.
6 Han Duan reportedly scored her one hundredth goal on 6 August 2008 in China's opening match against Sweden at Beijing 2008 Olympics. Another source reported that she scored her goal 101 that day. FIFA Match Report shows that she scored only one goal in that match.
7 Akers' goal total was long thought to be 105. U.S. Soccer has revised it to 107 after discovering two friendlies in 1995.
Number of players with 100 or more goals by country
Number of players with 100 or more goals by confederation
- List of women's footballers with 100 or more international caps
- List of men's footballers with 100 or more international caps
- List of international goals scored by Christine Sinclair
- List of international goals scored by Abby Wambach
- List of international goals scored by Marta
- List of international goals scored by Alex Morgan
- "Abby Wambach Scores 100th Career Goal in Hometown As U.S. Women Defeats Canada 1–0". U.S. Soccer. Archived from the original on 3 January 2014.
- Lisette Hilton (30 August 2004). "Feet of Gold". ESPN. Retrieved 24 January 2012.
- "Canada vs Poland – 2010-02-20". Canada Soccer.
- "soccer profile:Mia Hamm". soccertimes.com. Archived from the original on 6 July 2017. Retrieved 25 December 2012.
- "Lilly Scores 100th Career Goal as U.S. Downs New Zealand 5–0". U.S.Soccer. Archived from the original on 5 November 2013.
- "Germany Women 5–1 England Women". BBC SPORT.
- "Carli Lloyd Scores 100TH Goal In Wild 6–2 Win vs. Mexico". U.S. Soccer.
- "JULIE FLEETING'S 100th INTERNATIONAL GOAL IN WIN AGAINST SLOVAKIA". Scottish Football Association.
- "Akers Joins Century Club with 100th International Goal as U.S. Women's National Team Downs Portugal, 6–0". U.S. Soccer. Archived from the original on 13 March 2013.
- "Morgan notches 100th goal in International Play". ESPN. 4 April 2019. Retrieved 4 April 2019.
- "Panico claims 100th Italy goal". uefa.com. 11 March 2014. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "Portia Modise: South Africa's centurion in numbers". fifa.com. 20 October 2014. Retrieved 23 October 2014.
- "China celebrates opening victory". BBC SPORT.
- "China beats New Zealand Olympic women's soccer warm-up". chinadaily.com.cn.
- "Striker Ma may miss Olympics for injury". chinadaily.com.cn.
- "China PR: Fixtures and Results". FIFA.
- "U.S. Women's National Team Earns 7–0 Win Against Ukraine; Tiffeny Milbrett earned her 100th's career goal". U.S.Soccer. Archived from the original on 17 July 2012.
- "Mia Hamm Set to Break All-time International Goal Scoring Mark". U.S.Soccer. Archived from the original on 13 March 2013. Retrieved 29 December 2012.
- "Fact Sheet: FIFA Century Club" (PDF). FIFA.com. 9 February 2011. Retrieved 24 January 2012.
- "Classifica Marcatori". FIGC.it. Retrieved 24 January 2012.
- "FIFA Women's World Cup France 2019™: List of Players" (PDF). FIFA. Archived from the original (PDF) on 8 July 2019. Retrieved 9 November 2019.
- "FIFA Century Club" (PDF). FIFA. 9 February 2011.
- Kevin Ashby (5 July 2011). "1997: Carolina Morace". UEFA.com. Retrieved 24 January 2012.
- "韩端百球 (Han Duan playing 100 ball)". 搜狐体育 (SOHU.com).
- "Olympic Football Tournaments Beijing 2008 – Women". FIFA.
- "Case of the Missing Caps". USSoccer.com. United States Soccer Federation. 8 August 2016. Archived from the original on 31 July 2017. Retrieved 1 February 2020.