|Initial release||December 17, 2014|
20.08.2 (10 October 2020)
|Written in||C++, QML|
|Operating system||Linux, FreeBSD, et al.|
|License||GNU Lesser General Public License|
The KDE Applications Bundle is a set of applications and supporting libraries that are designed by the KDE community, primarily used on Linux based operating systems but mostly multiplatform, and released on a common release schedule.
Previously the KDE Applications Bundle was part of the KDE Software Compilation. The bundle is composed of over 100 applications and is in the process of being ported from KDE Platform 4 to KDE Frameworks 5. Examples of prominent applications in the bundle include the file manager Dolphin, document viewer Okular, text editor Kate, archiving tool Ark and terminal emulator Konsole.
List of applications part of the bundle
- Cervisia – CVS frontend
- KAppTemplate – Template-based code project generator
- Kate – a text editor for programmers. As of KDE 4, KEdit has been replaced by Kate &/or Kwrite.
- KBugBuster – KDE-centric bug manager
- KCachegrind – a frontend for Valgrind
- KDESvn – graphical Subversion client
- KDevelop – an integrated development environment for multiple languages
- KDiff3 – Diff/Patch frontend
- Kommander – Dynamic dialog editor
- Kompare – Diff/Patch frontend
- Lokalize – a computer–aided translation system
- Okteta - a hex editor
- Massif Visualizer – Visualizer for Valgrind Massif data files
- Umbrello – UML diagram application
- KImageMapEditor – an HTML image map editor
- KXSLDbg – an XSLT debugger
- blinKen – computerised version of the game Simon Says
- Cantor –worksheet view to other Free Software Math packages. GUI frontend to SageMath, Maxima, R and KAlgebra
- KAlgebra – a mathematical calculator based content markup MathML language
- Kalzium – Displays information about the periodic table of elements
- Kanagram – customizable anagram game
- KBruch – a program for generating tasks with vulgar fractions
- KGeography – a geography learning program
- KHangMan – classic hangman game
- Kig – Program for exploring geometric constructions
- Kiten – Japanese reference/learning tool
- KLettres – Helps to learn the alphabet and then to read some syllables in different languages
- KmPlot – mathematical function plotter
- KStars – a planetarium program
- KTouch – program for learning touch typing
- KTurtle – educational programming environment using turtle graphics
- Marble – geographical map program
- Parley – a vocabulary trainer based on the Leitner system
- Step – an interactive physics simulator
- Cirkuit – An application to generate publication-ready figures
- KBibTeX – an application to manage bibliography databases in the BibTeX format
- Semantik – a mindmapping-like tool for document generation
- RKWard – an easy to use, transparent frontend to R
- KTechLab - an IDE for electronic and PIC microcontroller circuit design and simulation
- Bomber – arcade Bombing Game
- Bovo – Five–in–a–row Board Game
- Granatier – a Bomberman clone
- Kajongg – a Mahjong Board Game. Can play against robots or in multiplayer over network.
- Kapman – Pac-Man Clone
- KAtomic – a clone of the early 1990s commercial game Atomix
- KBattleship – Battleship-style game
- KBlackbox – Black–box logic game. Shoot rays into a black box to find some balls
- KBlocks – a Tetris clone
- KBounce – a JezzBall clone
- KBreakout – a Breakout type game
- KDiamond – a Bejeweled type game
- KFourInLine – Four–in–a–row Board Game
- KGoldrunner – Hunt Gold, Dodge Enemies and Solve Puzzles
- Kigo – a Go Board Game
- Kiriki – a Yahtzee game
- KJumpingCube – a board game where players make boxes change color and try to succeed in taking over the board
- KMahjongg – Mahjong solitaire
- KMines – Minesweeper game
- KNetWalk – a puzzle game. The player must arrange sections of wire to connect the computers
- Knights – Chess board program
- Kolf – a Golf game
- Kollision – a game of dexterity
- GNUlactic Konquest – Galactic Strategy Game
- KPatience – Patience Card Game
- KReversi – Othello/Reversi game
- AMOR – Amusing Misuse Of Resources. Desktop creature
- KTeaTime – Tea cooking timer
- DigiKam – a digital photo editor
- Gwenview – Image viewer
- KColorChooser – a color chooser
- KColorEdit – a color palette editor
- KFax – a faxing application
- KGrab – a screen grabbing program
- KGraphViewer – a Graphviz dot graph viewer
- KIconEdit – an icon editor
- KolourPaint – Small bitmap graphics editor (similar to Microsoft Paint)
- Konstruktor – LEGO CAD
- KPhotoAlbum – a digital photo and image manager
- KPovModeler – Modeling and composition program for creating POV-Ray scenes
- Krita – Digital painting and illustration suite
- KRuler – a screen ruler
- Spectacle - a screenshot tool
- Kuickshow – an image viewer
- Okular – a universal document viewer
- Skanlite – an image scanning application
- Kontact provides personal information management, backed by the Akonadi framework (including Akregator, KNode, KMail, etc.)
- Aki – an IRC client
- ChoqoK – a microblogging application
- KGet – a download manager
- KNetworkManager – a GUI for NetworkManager and supports both wired and wireless devices
- Konqueror – a File manager and web browser
- Konversation – a dedicated IRC client
- Kopete – Instant messaging
- KRDC – a remote desktop client
- KTorrent – a BitTorrent client
- KVIrc – a graphical IRC client
- KVpnc – a GUI for various virtual private network (VPN) clients
- Quassel IRC
- Rekonq – a lean web browser based on Webkit
- Smb4k – an SMB/CIFS share browser
- Falkon - a web browser using QtWebEngine, previously known as QupZilla
- Amarok – Audio player and music manager with numerous integrated features
- Audex – an easy to use audio CD ripping application
- Bangarang – a media player
- Dragon Player – a simple and usability–focused multimedia player (formerly known as Codeine)
- JuK – Jukebox and music manager
- Kaffeine – Multimedia player
- KMPlayer – Video player plugin for Konqueror
- KPlayer – Multimedia player and library
- KRadio – an internet and AM/FM radio application
- K3b – CD and DVD burning application
- k3bISO – ISO manager
- K9Copy – a DVD authoring program, similar to DVD Shrink
- Kamoso – an application to take pictures and videos from webcam
- Kdenlive – Video editor
- Kid3 – an MP3, Ogg/Vorbis and FLAC tag editor
- KMediaFactory – a template based DVD authoring tool
- KMix – Sound Mixer
- KoverArtist – a program for the fast creation of covers for CD/DVD cases and boxes.
- Kubeplayer – a video player dedicated to play online videos.
- soundKonverter – a frontend to various audio converters
- Kontact provides personal information management, backed by the Akonadi framework (including Akregator, KNode, KMail, etc.)
- The Calligra Suite provides an office suite, including
- Kexi – a visual database creator
- KEuroCalc – a currency converter and calculator
- Kile – integrated LaTeX environment
- KMyMoney – a personal finance manager
- TaskJuggler – a project management tool
- Skrooge – Personal finances manager
- LabPlot – a data plotting and analysis tool
- LemonPOS – a point of sales application for small and mid–size business
- Tellico – a collection organizer
- Apper, formerly called KPackageKit – Package Manager with support for several formats (e.g. .deb, rpm)
- Dolphin – a navigational file manager
- Filelight – a disk space viewer
- katimon – an unofficial ATI graphics card temperature monitor
- KBluetooth – Bluetooth connections
- KCron – an application for scheduling programs to run in the background using cron
- KDE Connect – Allows an Android device to wirelessly interact with the Linux Desktop through the network with interactions such as file sharing and turning your phone into a pc keyboard or trackpad.
- KDE Partition Manager – a partition editor
- KDE System Guard – an enhanced task manager and system monitor
- KDiskFree – a disk space information utility
- Kinfocenter – a system and computer information utility
- Konsole – a terminal emulator
- Krfb – a desktop sharing program
- Krusader - an orthodox file manager
- KSystemLog – a system log viewer
- KWallet – a secure password manager
- Printer Applet – system tray icon for managing print jobs
- System Settings
- Yakuake – drop-down terminal emulator (modeled after Quake's)
- Ark – a file archiver
- BasKet Note Pads – a multi–purpose note–taking application
- KAlarm – a personal alarm scheduler
- Kate – a Text editor for programmers
- KBarcode4–light – a simple barcode generator
- KCalc – a calculation application
- KCharSelect – a character mapping tool
- KFind – a file and folder finder
- KFloppy – a floppy disk formatting tool
- KGPG – a graphical frontend for GnuPG
- Kleopatra – Certificate Manager and Unified Crypto GUI
- KRename – Batch renaming of files
- Krusader – a twin panel file manager
- KTimer – a countdown launcher
- KTimeTracker – a personal time tracker
- KWrite – a text editor
- Okteta – a hex editor
- RSIBreak – Makes sure you rest now and then
- Sweeper – a system cleaner
- KMag – a screen magnifying tool
- KMouseTool – Automatic Mouse Click
- KMouth – a speech synthesizer frontend
- Blogilo – a blogging client
- kdetv – TV viewer
- Jovie – text to audible speech
- KAppfinder – a menu updating tool
- Karbon – a scalable graphics application
- Katapult - a free application launcher
- KAudioCreator – CD ripping and encoding
- KDM – a login manager
- KEdit – a text editor, has been replaced by Kate &/or Kwrite
- KDirStat – a graphical disk usage utility (superseded by QDirStat or K4DirStat)
- KEduca - an educational software
- KFileReplace – a file search and replace tool
- KFTPGrabber – a graphical FTP client
- KBFX - an application launcher
- Kiosk Admin Tool – predefine desktop configurations
- KLinkStatus – a link checker
- KMess – an IM client
- KMid – MIDI and karaoke file (*.kar) player
- KMLDonkey – a graphical frontend for MLDonkey
- KNC – a graphical orthodox file manager
- KNemo – a network monitor
- KNode – usenet newsgroups
- KOffice – an office suite that was superseded by Calligra Suite
- Komposé - a fullscreen task switcher
- KPager – desktop pager
- KPDF – a PDF viewer
- KPPP – an Internet dial–up tool
- Kraft – a document creator for small businesses
- KRecipes – a cook book
- KRemoteControl – remote Controls
- KSame – color matching game
- KSaoLaJi – a system cleaner
- KsCD – CD Player
- KSig – signature app
- KSnapshot – a screenshot tool
- Kst – real-time large-dataset viewing and plotting tool
- KUIViewer – Qt Designer UI File Viewer
- KUser – a user managing tool
- Kwlan – a wireless LAN manager
- KXDocker - an application launcher
- Mailody - an e–mail client
- QtParted – Partition editor
- Quanta Plus – IDE for XML–based languages
- RecordItNow – Record desktop
- Simon – Speech Recognition
- SuperKaramba – desktop applets program
The KDE Applications Bundle is released every four months and has bugfix releases in each intervening month. A date-based version scheme is used, which is composed of the year and month. A third digit is used for bugfix releases.
|KDE Applications Bundle release history|
|Old version, no longer maintained: 14.12||Kate, Konsole, Gwenview, KAlgebra, Kanagram, KHangman, Kig, Parley, KApptemplate and Okteta ported to KDE Frameworks 5.||17 Dec 2014|
|Old version, no longer maintained: 15.04||Rocs, Cantor, Kompare, Kdenlive and KDE Telepathy ported to KDE Frameworks 5.||15 Apr 2015|
|Old version, no longer maintained: 15.08||Dolphin and Ark ported to KDE Frameworks 5. Technology preview of KF5-based Kontact suite.||19 Aug 2015|
|Old version, no longer maintained: 15.12||KSnapshot was replaced by Spectacle, KTuberling, Klickety and KNavalBattle have also been updated to use KDE Frameworks 5.||16 Dec 2015|
|Old version, no longer maintained: 16.04||New music education software (Minuet), KHelpCenter now part of KDE Applications, bugfixes to Kontact, Ark||20 Apr 2016|
|Old version, no longer maintained: 16.08||Kolourpaint, Cervisia, KDiskFree, The Kontact Suite, Marble||18 Aug 2016|
|Old version, no longer maintained: 16.12||Kwave; Okular, Konqueror, KGpg, KTouch and Kalzium ported to KDE Frameworks 5.||15 Dec 2016|
|Old version, no longer maintained: 17.04||20 Apr 2017|
|Old version, no longer maintained: 17.08||17 Aug 2017|
|Old version, no longer maintained: 17.12||14 Dec 2017|
|Old version, no longer maintained: 18.04||19 Apr 2018|
|Old version, no longer maintained: 18.08||16 Aug 2018|
|Old version, no longer maintained: 18.12||13 Dec 2018|
|Old version, no longer maintained: 19.04||18 Apr 2019|
|Old version, no longer maintained: 19.08||15 Aug 2019|
|Old version, no longer maintained: 19.12||12 Dec 2019|
|Current stable version: 20.04||23 Apr 2020|
- "KDE Ships KDE Applications 14.12.0". KDE. 2014-07-15. Retrieved 2015-07-20.
- "KDE's October 2020 Apps Update". KDE. 10 October 2020. Retrieved 21 October 2020.
- "The KDE applications". Retrieved 2010-11-21.
- for simple writing needs use KWrite, for advanced ones - Kate. "Re: where is kedit?". November 3, 2010.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-03-13. Retrieved 2011-03-31.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Abawajy, Jemal H.; Othman, Mohamed; Ghazali, Rozaida; Deris, Mustafa Mat; Mahdin, Hairulnizam; Herawan, Tutut (2019). Proceedings of the International Conference on Data Engineering 2015 (DaEng-2015). Springer. p. 66. ISBN 978-981-13-1799-6.
- "KImageMapEditor - a KDE-based HTML image map editor". Archived from the original on 21 August 2018. Retrieved 26 March 2019.
- "Cirkuit". Linux-apps.com.
- "Semantik". Linux-apps.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-07-28. Retrieved 2010-10-23.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-08-11. Retrieved 2011-03-31.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Konstruktor website
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-17. Retrieved 2010-10-23.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-10-16. Retrieved 2017-09-30.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "About Falkon - Falkon". Falkon.org. Retrieved 2018-05-26.
- "Bangarang - a media player". Bangarang.wordpress.com.
- "KRadio - The Linux and KDE AM/FM/Internet Radio Application -". Kradio.sourceforge.net.
- [dead link]
- "Kid3 - Audio Tagger". Kid3.sourceforge.io.
- "Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting". Code.google.com.
- "KoverArtist". Linux-apps.com.
- Riemann, Robert (December 18, 2010). "Announcing Kubeplayer (youtube w/o flash)". Blog.riemann.cc.
- "Skrooge | Skrooge". Skrooge.org.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-08-25. Retrieved 2010-10-23.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "unmaintained - KDE.org". Kde.org. Archived from the original on 5 July 2019.
- "Blogilo - blogging client - KDE.org". Kde.org.
- "KMess, MSN / Live Messenger for Linux - Home". Kmess.org.
- "KMid". SourceForge. Retrieved 2019-04-28.
- "Application of the Month: KPDF". Archived from the original on June 20, 2010.
- "Kraft - KDE Software for People Operating a small Business : Main / Kraft : browse". Volle-kraft-voraus.de.
- "KSaoLaJi". Opendesktop.org.
- "Kst - Visualize your data". Kst-plot.kde.org. Retrieved April 28, 2019.
- "RecordItNow - Home". Recorditnow.sourceforge.net.
- "KDE Techbase - Schedules". KDE. 2015-07-07.
- "KDE Ships KDE Applications 15.04.0". KDE. 2015-04-15. Retrieved 2015-07-29.
- "KDE Ships KDE Applications 15.08.0". KDE. 2015-08-19. Retrieved 2015-08-19.
- "KDE Ships KDE Applications 15.12.0". KDE. 2015-12-16. Retrieved 2016-01-11.
- "KDE Ships KDE Applications 16.04.0". KDE. 2016-04-20. Retrieved 2016-06-22.
- "KDE Ships KDE Applications 16.08.0". KDE. 2016-08-18. Retrieved 2016-12-02.
- "KDE Ships KDE Applications 16.12.0". KDE. 2016-12-15. Retrieved 2016-12-17.
- "KDE Ships KDE Applications 17.04.0". KDE. 2017-04-15. Retrieved 2017-09-28.
- "KDE Ships KDE Applications 17.08.0". KDE. 2017-08-15. Retrieved 2017-09-28.
- "KDE Ships KDE Applications 17.12.0". KDE. 2017-08-15. Retrieved 2017-12-17.
- "KDE Ships KDE Applications 18.04.0". KDE. 2018-04-19. Retrieved 2018-10-13.
- "KDE Ships KDE Applications 18.08.0". KDE. 2018-08-16. Retrieved 2018-10-13.
- "KDE Ships KDE Applications 18.12.0". KDE. 2018-12-13. Retrieved 2019-02-09.
- "KDE Ships KDE Applications 19.04.0". KDE. 2019-04-18. Retrieved 2019-04-18.
- "KDE Ships KDE Applications 19.08.0". KDE. 2019-08-15. Retrieved 2019-10-12.
- "19.12 Releases". KDE. 2019-12-12. Retrieved 2020-02-04.