The Ice Hockey World Championship is an annual ice hockey tournament organized by the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF). The IIHF has given directorate awards for play during each year's championship tournament to the top goaltender, defenceman and forward (all since 1954), and most valuable player chosen by media (since 1999).
- "Most Valuable Player". iihf.com. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- "2004 IIHF World Championship The best... of the tournament". mshokej2004.cz. Archived from the original on 11 June 2011. Retrieved 8 July 2009.
- "There is nothing like the sweet taste of gold" (PDF). IIHF, Vol. 8, No. 3, June 2004. Archived from the original on 27 March 2009. Retrieved 8 August 2009.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- Podnieks, Andrew (2010). IIHF Media Guide & Record Book 2011. Moydart Press. pp. 29–31.
- "IIHF directorate awards and most valuable player". Hockey Canada. Retrieved 13 March 2009.
- International Ice Hockey Federation official website