This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The list given here includes not only examples of pontifical-right institutes but also some that are only of diocesan right. It includes even some associations formed with a view to becoming religious institutes but not yet canonically erected even on the diocesan level.
Institutes are listed alphabetically by their common names, not their official ones. For example, the Jesuits, officially called the Society of Jesus, would be listed under 'J' rather than under 'S.' If an institute's official name is used more often than a nickname, it will be listed as such.
- Annuario Pontificio per l'anno 2019. Città del Vaticano: Libreria Editrice Vaticana. 2019. ISBN 9788826602639.
- Religious Orders
- List of religious institutes for men
- List of religious institutes for women
- The Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life
- VISION Vocation Guide Digital Edition Comprehensive guide of men's and women's religious communities in the U.S. and Canada with links and vocation opportunities
- Catholic orders at Curlie
- Vocation Network searchable directory of men's and women's Catholic religious institutes