This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Elisabeth Caroline Simms
March 17, 1963
|Residence||Hollywood, California, U.S.|
|Occupation||Actress, singer, dancer, designer|
|Spouse(s)||Terry Rhoads (until 2013; his death)|
Simms was born in southern Colorado to Bill and Jacque Simms. She is the sixth of nine children in her family. Her brother, Tom Simms, is a Spanish and Language Arts teacher at Pueblo Centennial High School . In 1981, Simms graduated from Centennial High School.
Broadway and theater
Simms began her acting career at age 13. She started doing Broadway after graduating from high school and starred in numerous plays such as Other People's Money, Mame, Can-Can, Sweet Charity, and Bye Bye Birdie during the 1980s. She was also a member of the original Los Angeles, California cast of Beauty and the Beast and toured around the world with A Chorus Line in 1986.
Simms was the host of Style Network's Area. She had a recurring role on Sunset Beach, but is best known for her role as "Barbara Diffy", Phil's mom in the Disney Channel Original Series Phil of the Future, where she also played "The Timekeeper" in the episode "It's a Wonder-Phil Life". She had a recurring role as "Connie Wayne" in the soap opera The Young and the Restless, and made guest appearances on Friends, Providence, MADtv, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Star Trek: Voyager, iCarly and many others. She performed for President Reagan in 1988's Great Performances at the White House series, which aired on the Public Broadcasting Service.
Simms was a co-host and interior designer on Home & Garden Television's Desperate Spaces. Simms works alongside co-host and designer Daniel Kucan to redecorate a room of a home in just two days and with only $2,500. They choose 1 room from 3 deserving rooms in need. Desperate Spaces premiered on January 1, 2008.
Simms had a guest spot on the February 3, 2009 episode of 90210 as Ty's mother, Louise Collins.
As of 2006, Lise lives in the 1941 Hollywood colonial home she renovated. She was married to actor Terry Rhoads up until his death in 2013. Terry Rhoads had 2 children from a previous marriage. She remarried in September 2018 to John Stewart. They are currently separated and have filed for divorce.
- Perry Mason: The Case of the Heartbroken Bride (1992) - female guest
- The Dentist (1996) - Paula Roberts
- The Omega Code (1999) - talk show reporter
- Star Trek: Away Team (2001) - T'Andoria
- Dragonfly (2002) - nephrology desk nurse
- Suits on the Loose (2006) - Christine
- Snow Buddies (2008) - Meg
- Sunset Beach (1997) - Nurse Kathy Baker (1998)
- The Young and the Restless (1973) - Connie Wayne (1999–2004)
- Area (2002) - herself
- Phil of the Future (2004–2006) - Barbara Diffy
- Express Yourself (2001) - herself (2004–05)
- Desperate Spaces (2008) - herself
- The Generations Project - herself/host (2010-current)
- NCIS (2018) - Kenna Reynolds
- Bones (2013) - Aunt Alice
- 90210 (2009) - Louise Collins
- United States of Tara (2009) - Barnabeez Lawyer
- iCarly (2008) - Mrs. Linda Peeloff
- ER (2006) - Emcee
- Night Stalker (2005) - TV Reporter
- Quintuplets (2004) - Coach Allison
- Dragnet (2003) - Brenda
- My Wife and Kids (2003) - Flight Attendant
- Birds of Prey (2002) - Detective Grace Tanner
- Nikki (2001) - Stephanie
- The Geena Davis Show (2000) - Natalie
- Opposite Sex (2000) - Phil's mom
- Ladies Man (2000) - Shirl Henderson
- Veronica's Closet (2000) - Yoga Instructor
- Providence (1999) - Shelly
- Friends (1999) - Kara
- The Pretender (1998) - Reporter
- Star Trek: Voyager (1997) - Annorax's wife Episode: "Year of Hell"
- 3rd Rock from the Sun (1997) - Gabby
- Sisters (1996) - Female Reporter
- Maybe This Time (1996) - Suzi
- Ellen (1995) - Lesley
- MADtv (1995) - Executive #2
- Love & War (1995) - Female Customer #1