Linda Sue Seger
August 27, 1945
|Occupation||author, screenwriting consultant|
Linda Sue Seger (born August 27, 1945) is an American author and screenwriting consultant. She is best known for her books on screenwriting.
Education and career
Seger grew up in Peshtigo, Wisconsin. She received an undergraduate degree from Colorado College in 1967. She went on to receive an MA degree from the Pacific School of Religion on Religion in Arts in 1973, and a Th.D in Drama and Theology from the affiliated Graduate Theological Union in 1976.
Seger is the author of several books on the subject of screenwriting. She also works as a script consultant, and has consulted on more than 80 produced films and television episodes. In addition to books on screenwriting, she has written several books on themes around spirituality and religion.
- Seger, Linda (2017). Writing Subtext: What Lies Beneath. Studio City, CA: Michael Wiese Productions. ISBN 978-1-61593-258-0.
- Seger, Linda (2010). Making a Good Script Great (3rd ed.). Beverly Hills, CA: Silman-James Press. ISBN 978-1-935247-01-2. (Cited over 250 times according to Google Scholar.)
- Seger, Linda (2008). And the Best Screenplay Goes To–: Learning from the Winners: Sideways, Shakespeare in Love, Crash. Studio City, CA: Michael Wiese Productions. ISBN 978-1-932907-38-4.
- Seger, Linda; Whetmore, Edward J. (2004). From Script to Screen: the Collaborative Art of Filmmaking. Hollywood, CA: Lone Eagle. ISBN 978-1-58065-054-0.
- Seger, Linda (1996). When Women Call the Shots: The Developing Power And Influence Of Women In Television And Film. New York: Henry Holt & Co. ISBN 978-0-8050-3891-0.
On religion and spirituality
- Seger, Linda (2006). Jesus Rode a Donkey: Why Republicans Don't Have the Corner on Christ. Avon, Mass: Adams Media. ISBN 978-1-59337-619-2.
- Seger, Linda (2013). The Art of Adaptation: Turning Fact and Fiction Into Film. New York: Henry Holt and Company. p. 63. ISBN 978-1-4299-3668-2. OCLC 872608885.
- "Recognizing the Contributions of Our Community". Bulletin. Colorado College. Summer 2017. Retrieved December 21, 2019.
- Seger, Linda (Spring 2016). "The Spirit of Work: Alums at Work" (PDF). Catalyst. Pacific School of Religion. Retrieved December 21, 2019.
- "About Linda Seger". Official Website. Linda Seger. Retrieved December 21, 2019.
- Weinstein, Anna, ed. (2017). "Building Your Team: Insights from the Screenwriting Consultant, an Interview with Linda Seger". Writing For the Screen. New York: Routledge Taylor & Francis Group. pp. 112–118. ISBN 978-1-317-37054-3. OCLC 973222907.
- Batty, Craig (2012). "An interview by Craig Batty with Linda Seger". Journal of Screenwriting. 3 (2): 239–246. doi:10.1386/josc.3.2.239_7. ISSN 1759-7137.
- Mulson, Jennifer (January 22, 2016). "Colorado College Graduate Relies on Spirituality in her Work as Script Consultant". Colorado Springs Gazette.
- Reviews for Writing Subtext:
- Forrest, David; Hackel, Kristiina; Arnett, Robert; Trott, Sarah (2011). "Reviews". Journal of Screenwriting. 3 (1): 119–128. doi:10.1386/josc.3.1.119_4. ISSN 1759-7137.
- Charles, Baptiste (February 23, 2017). "Writing Subtext by Dr. Linda Seger". Raindance. Retrieved December 21, 2019.
- Hale, Heather (July 8, 2011). "The Great Linda Seger Has Done It Again!". Script Magazine. Writers Digest. Retrieved December 14, 2019.
- "Linda Seger interview: Making a Good Script Great". Connie Martinson Talks Books. October 1990. PBS.
- "Citations for Making a Good Script Great". Google Scholar. Retrieved December 24, 2019.
- Review: Maloney, Tim (2010). "And the Best Screenplay Goes to, Linda Seger (2008)". Journal of Screenwriting. 1 (1): 207–210. doi:10.1386/josc.1.1.207. ISSN 1759-7137.
- "Review". Publisher's Weekly. Retrieved December 21, 2019.
- Reviews for When Women Call the Shots:
- "Review". Publisher's Weekly. Retrieved December 22, 2019.