Cherkessk, Russia (Derways)
Nakhchivan, Azerbaijan (NAZ)
San José, Uruguay
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||3-door hatchback|
|Engine||1.3 L LF479Q3 I4 (petrol)|
|Wheelbase||2,340 mm (92 in)|
|Length||3,745��mm (147.4 in)|
|Width||1,620 mm (64 in)|
|Height||1,430 mm (56 in)|
The Lifan 320 (also 330, Smily) is a supermini car made by Lifan Group. It is known outside its local markets as a knockoff of the 2001–2006 Mini Cooper, and for being one of the least safe cars in its market, with a Latin NCAP rating of zero out of five stars. The 320 was first shown at the 2008 Beijing Auto Show, and a facelifted version, the 330, was added in 2013, and sold alongside the original 320.
The Lifan 320 is sold in China in and several export markets including Peru, and Russia, where it is known as the Lifan Smily. The 320 has been assembled in Cherkessk by Derways Automobile Company since 2011.
In December 2014, a Lifan 320 model with no airbags was crash tested by Latin NCAP and received zero stars out of five. The comments from the press release cited: "The protection offered to the driver's head and chest was poor due to contact with the steering wheel. The passengers' knees could impact with dangerous structures in the dashboard lie the Tran fascia tube. The bodyshell was rated as unstable."
- "Автомобильная компания "DERWAYS"". derways.ru.
- George, Patrick (April 22, 2014), Maybe This Is Why China Isn't Buying Chinese Cars
- Fletcher, Graeme (May 2, 2016), China's egregious copycat cars are cause for concern
- "No, it's not a Mini..." Autocar.co.uk. 2010-04-24. Retrieved 2010-09-13.
- "Lifan 320 – NO Airbags" (PDF). Latin NCAP. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- "Lifan 320: Low cost cars in Latin America and the Caribbean still mean "zero star safety"", Automotive World, December 4, 2014
- Nunez, Alex (2008-04-18). "Lifan 320 MINI ripoff to debut at Beijing Motor Show — Autoblog". Autoblog.com. Retrieved 2010-09-13.
- "Lifan 330 hits the China car market". Car News China. 21 October 2013. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- Lifan website, May 4, 2010, archived from the original on 11 October 2011
- "Lifan Russia website". Archived from the original on October 29, 2011.
- "Derways Car Plant Started Assembly of Lifan Smily".