Its ZIP code is 43035. Although Lewis Center is a small community, its ZIP code encompasses a number of shopping centers and retail establishments that line U.S. Route 23 in the nearby vicinity. The Lewis Center area lies on the east side of the Olentangy River, across from the city of Powell, west of Alum Creek State Park and north of the Polaris shopping hub. It is located in the Olentangy Local School District
Lewis Center was founded around 1850 when the railroad was extended to that point. The community was named after the family of William L. Lewis, who gave their land for a railroad station in exchange for the naming rights. A post office called Lewis Centre was established in 1852, and the name was changed to Lewis Center in 1893.
- Frederick S. Nave, Arizona territorial judge, was born in Lewis Center.
- Frank B. Willis, Governor of Ohio from 1915 to 1917, was born in Lewis Center in 1871.
- "Lewis Center, Ohio". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- History of Delaware County and Ohio. O. L. Baskin & Company. 1880. p. 479.
- "Delaware County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- "Late Justice Nave Came Here in 1899". Bisbee Daily Review. September 29, 1912. p. 6.
- 'Herringshaw's American Blue Book of Biography' American Publishers' Company: 1915, Biographical Sketch of Frederick Nave, pg. 884
- "Frank B. Willis - Ohio History Central". Retrieved 19 December 2017.
|This Delaware County, Ohio state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|