Lesley Walker is a British film and television editor with more than thirty feature film credits. She came into prominence in the 1980s, when she "developed a fast and snappy editing style in the decade, with A Letter to Brezhnev (1985), Mona Lisa, Cry Freedom (1987), and Shirley Valentine." She has worked extensively with directors Terry Gilliam and Richard Attenborough.
Walker's work has been honored by nominations for the BAFTA Award for Best Editing (Mona Lisa (1986) and Cry Freedom (1987)), for the Genie Award for Best Achievement in Editing (Tideland (2005)), and the American Cinema Editors Eddie Award (Mamma Mia! (2008)).
Feature films as editor
Filmography based on the listing at the Internet Movie Database. The director is indicated in parenthesis.
- A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man (Strick-1977)
- The Tempest (Jarman-1979)
- Eagle's Wing (Harvey-1979)
- Richard's Things (Harvey-1980)
- Letter to Brezhnev (Bernard-1985)
- Mona Lisa (Jordan-1986)
- Winter Flight (Battersby-1986)
- Cry Freedom (Attenborough-1987)
- Buster (Green-1988)
- Shirley Valentine (Gilbert-1989)
- Spymaker: The Secret Life of Ian Fleming (1990)
- The Fisher King (Gilliam-1991)
- Waterland (Gyllenhaal-1992)
- Shadowlands (Attenborough-1993)
- Born Yesterday (Mandoki-1993)
- Jack and Sarah (Sullivan-1995)
- Emma (McGrath-1996)
- In Love and War (Attenborough-1996)
- Mary Reilly (Frears-1996)
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (Gilliam-1998)
- Grey Owl (Attenborough-1999)
- The Body (McCord-2001; with Alain Jakubowicz)
- Nicholas Nickleby (McGrath-2002)
- All or Nothing (Leigh-2002)
- The Sleeping Dictionary (Jenkin-2003)
- The Brothers Grimm (Gilliam-2005)
- Tideland (Gilliam-2005)
- Closing the Ring (Attenborough-2007)
- Mamma Mia! (Lloyd-2008)
- Will (Perry-2011)
- I Am Nasrine (Gharavi-2012; supervising editor with Lucia Zucchetti)
- Molly Moon and the Incredible Book of Hypnotism (Rowley-2015)
- The Man Who Killed Don Quixote (Gilliam-2018)
- Military Wives (Cattaneo-2019)
- List of film director and editor collaborations (collaboration with Attenborough)
- Lesley Walker on IMDb.
- Harper, Sue (2000). Women in British Cinema. Continuum International. p. 231. ISBN 978-0-8264-4733-3.
- Marks, Peter (2009). Terry Gilliam. Manchester University Press. pp. 138, 175, 205, 230. ISBN 978-0-7190-7032-7.
- Perkins, Roy; Martin Stollery (2004). "Lesley Walker". British film editors: the heart of the movie. British Film Institute. pp. 114–115. ISBN 978-1-84457-007-2.