|Prince of Salerno|
|Born||2 July 1790|
Naples, Kingdom of Naples
|Died||10 March 1851 (aged 60)|
Naples, Kingdom of the Two Sicilies
Basilica of Santa Chiara, Naples
|Spouse||Archduchess Clementina of Austria|
|Issue||Maria Carolina, Duchess of Aumale|
|Father||Ferdinand I of the Two Sicilies|
|Mother||Maria Carolina of Austria|
Leopoldo Giovanni Giuseppe Michele of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, Prince of Salerno (2 July 1790, Naples, Kingdom of Naples – 10 March 1851, Naples, Kingdom of the Two Sicilies) was a member of the House of Bourbon-Two Sicilies and a Prince of Bourbon-Two Sicilies.
Marriage and issue
Leopold married his niece Archduchess Clementina of Austria, third surviving daughter of Francis II, Holy Roman Emperor (later Francis I of Austria) and his sister Maria Teresa of Naples and Sicily on 28 July 1816 at Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna. Leopold and Clementina had four children but only their daughter Princess Maria Carolina survived infancy. Prince Louis and two infants died within their first year.
- Stillborn daughter (16 September 1819).
- Princess Maria Carolina (26 April 1822 - 6 December 1869); married, on 25 November 1844, Prince Henri, Duke of Aumale; had issue.
- Prince Lodovico Carlos (19 July - 7 August 1824).
- Stillborn daughter (5 February 1829).
Leopold also had an extramarital affair with the Viennese dancer Fanny Elssler, which led to the birth of an illegitimate son, Franz, born in 1827 and died by suicide in 1873.
Titles, styles, honours and arms
Titles and styles
- 2 July 1790 – 10 March 1851: His Royal Highness The Prince of Salerno
- Knight of the Order of Saint Januarius (1790)
- Knight Grand Cross of Justice of the Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George (1797)
- Knight of the Spanish Order of the Golden Fleece (1802)
- Knight of the Orders of the King of France (1810)
- Knight of the Order of Saint Ferdinand and of Merit
- Knight of the Royal and Distinguished Spanish Order of Charles III
- Knight of the Order of Saint George and Reunion
- Knight of the Order of the Most Holy Annunciation (1822)
|Ancestors of Leopold, Prince of Salerno|
- Darryl Lundy (12 March 2005). "Leopoldo Giovanni Giuseppe Michele di Borbone, Principe di Borbone delle Due Sicilie". ThePeerage.com. Retrieved 3 October 2008.
- Later King of the Two Sicilies
- Genealogie ascendante jusqu'au quatrieme degre inclusivement de tous les Rois et Princes de maisons souveraines de l'Europe actuellement vivans [Genealogy up to the fourth degree inclusive of all the Kings and Princes of sovereign houses of Europe currently living] (in French). Bourdeaux: Frederic Guillaume Birnstiel. 1768. pp. 1, 9.
Media related to Leopold, Prince of Salerno at Wikimedia Commons