|Lekhayude Maranam Oru Flashback|
|Directed by||K. G. George|
|Screenplay by||S. L. Puram Sadanandan|
|Story by||K. G. George|
|Music by||M. B. Sreenivasan|
|Cinematography||Shaji N. Karun|
|Edited by||G. O. Sundaram|
Lekhayude Maranam Oru Flashback (lit. 'The death of Lekha, a flashback') is a 1983 Malayalam-language film by K. G. George. The film was controversial because of its alleged exploitation of the highly publicised suicide of actress Shoba.
A poor Malayali family reaches Madras to try luck for their daughter Shantamma in the film industry. She slowly starts climbing the ladder of success and becomes popular actress Lekha. At the peak of her career she commits suicide by hanging herself. The film recounts events that lead her to suicide, including a stint as a prostitute succumbing to the pressure from her parents for the lust of quick money and her unsuccessful love affair with a director.
- Bharath Gopi – Suresh Babu
- Mammootty – Prem Sagar
- Nalini – Lekha
- Sharada – Geetha
- Shubha – Lekha's Mother
- John Varghese – Lekha's Father
- Mohan Jose – Lekha's uncle
- Thodupuzha Vasanthi
- Nedumudi Venu
|1||"Enneyunarthiya Pularkalathil" (Kannillathe Nizhal Paambukal)||Selma George||O. N. V. Kurup|
|2||"Mookathayude Souvarnam"||Selma George||O. N. V. Kurup|
|3||"Prabhaamayi"||P. Jayachandran, Selma George||O. N. V. Kurup|
- Rajadhyaksha, Ashish; Willemen, Paul (1998) . Encyclopaedia of Indian Cinema (PDF). Oxford University Press. p. 461. ISBN 0-19-563579-5.
- "Lekhayude Maranam Oru Flashback". www.malayalachalachithram.com. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- "Lekhayude Maranam Oru Flashback". malayalasangeetham.info. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- Sunil, K. P. (25 December 1980). "Why do our actresses commit suicide?". The Illustrated Weekly of India. Vol. 109. p. 39.
|This article about a Malayalam film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|