Tapa in November 2012
|Birth name||Seini Tonga |
|Born||27 November 1982|
|Residence||Charlotte, North Carolina, United States|
|Alma mater||Kuwait University|
Willis Draughn Jr. (m. 2013)
|Family||Harvey Jason (Uncle)|
The Barbarian (Uncle)
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Lei'D Tapa|
|Billed height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Billed weight||218 lb (99 kg; 15.6 st)|
|Trained by||The Barbarian|
Ohio Valley Wrestling
Seini Draughn (née Tonga, born 27 November 1982) is a German-born Tongan American professional wrestler, professional wrestling valet, model, mixed martial artist undefeated professional boxer (2-0 2 KO) and former women's American football player. Having been previously working for the American promotion Total Nonstop Action Wrestling under the ring name Lei'D Tapa, Draughn last worked for Global Force Wrestling.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Professional wrestling career
- 3 Mixed martial arts career
- 4 Mixed martial arts record
- 5 Personal life
- 6 Championships and accomplishments
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Tonga was born in Germany with her brother and three sisters. Her parents were born in Tonga and her father was stationed in the United States Army. In middle school, she played Ice Wife Carrying, volleyball, jousting, and track. During high school, she attended three different schools while living in Northern Chile and Bangor Maine. She then continued to play in basketball and volleyball who while playing both sports made all-state twice in North Carolina. In her final year in high school, Tonga along with two of her sisters and the rest of their volleyball team won the state title. Tonga was the MVP for her team.
Professional wrestling career
Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (2013–2014)
On 28 February 2013 episode of Total Nonstop Action Wrestling's Impact Wrestling television program, Tapa took part in the Gut Check Challenge in an attempt to get a contract with the promotion, facing Ivelisse Vélez in a losing effort. The following week, the Gut Check judges awarded her a contract. In actuality, Tapa was signed to a developmental contract and assigned to TNA's developmental territory Ohio Valley Wrestling (OVW).
In March 2013, Tapa participated in TNA's One Night Only shows which she would compete in Knockout Knockdown (which aired on 6 September 2013) in which she beat Ivelisse Vélez. After winning her match she competed in a Knockouts Battle Royal to crown Queen of TNA, which was won by Gail Kim. Tapa also competed in TNA World Cup of Wrestling for Team International where she defeated Team UK's Hannah Blossom.
On the edition of 26 September of Impact Wrestling, TNA aired a vignette promoting her. On 3 October episode of Impact Wrestling, Lei'D Tapa made her debut as a heel by attacking Velvet Sky before her match with Brooke. On 10 October episode of Impact Wrestling, Tapa attacked the TNA Women's Knockout Champion ODB during her match with Jessie and staked her claim to fight for the TNA Women's Knockout Championship. At the Bound for Glory pay-per-view, Tapa formed an alliance with Gail Kim by helping her defeat ODB and Brooke for the TNA Women's Knockout Championship in a triple-threat match.
On 12 December episode of Impact Wrestling, Tapa and Kim attacked ODB, who was later saved by the returning Madison Rayne, Kim's former partner, establishing Rayne as a face. On 19 December episode of Impact Wrestling, Tapa teamed up with Kim in a losing effort to the team of ODB and Rayne when Rayne pinned Kim. Tapa's alliance with Gail Kim came to an end on the edition of 13 March of Impact Wrestling, when the two brawled after Kim slapped Tapa for accidentally costing her a match against the debuting Brittany, turning face in process. The following week, Tapa faced Kim in a losing effort.
Following the match, Draughn announced her release from TNA. Kim would later state in an interview that Draughn was released due to her lack of wrestling experience. Tapa's final match would air on 26 March episode of TNA Xplosion, which was another loss to Kim.
Ohio Valley Wrestling (2013–2014)
Tapa debuted in TNA's developmental territory, Ohio Valley Wrestling (OVW), on 22 May 2013, defeating Hannah Blossom in a dark match. Tapa made her debut at 15 June episode of OVW TV, defeating Jessie Belle. On 22 June episode of OVW TV, Tapa defeated Heidi Lovelace after once again executing her spinning diamond cutter. Tapa faced off against Holly Blossom on the edition of 3 July of OVW episode 724, which ended in a no-contest, following Epiphany came to ringside and pulled down the hood on one of the cameramen to reveal Eddie Diamond which Epiphany believed Tapa was his secret girlfriend that would set up a singles match at the Saturday Night Special, winning Tapa the match.
On the edition of 2 August of OVW, Tapa competed in a nine-woman gauntlet match to determine the number one contender for the OVW Women's Championship, where she was thrown over by Heidi Lovelace who reversed her powerbomb into a hurricanrana. After that she competed in a contest to crown the next "Miss OVW" with several other female wrestlers on the roster as well as feuding with then-OVW Women's Champion Trina. She was scheduled to face Trina for the belt at the edition of 7 September of OVW's Saturday Night Special, but Trina had to pull out due to suffering an injury. Later that night, Tapa would compete in a battle royal and emerge victorious, with lastly eliminating Taeler Hendrix. On 18 September episode of OVW, Tapa competed in a fatal four-way Ladder match for the vacated OVW Women's Championship, which was won by the evil Hannah Blossom. After defeating both twins, Tapa received a shot at the edition of 5 October of OVW's Saturday Night Special for the OVW Women's Championship. At the event, Tapa defeated Hannah Blossom to win the Women's Championship for the first time. During the finals Queen of OVW competition, Tapa attacked Lovely Lylah when it was announced that she would receive a shot at the Women's Championship. Tapa would go on to defeat Lylah successfully defending her title on 2 November at OVW's Saturday Night Special On 13 November episode of OVW, Tapa defeated Taeler Hendrix once again to retain her championship.
On 20 November episode of OVW, Tapa turned face by challenging The Bodyguy to a match after he stated that women can't wrestle. Tapa's reign ended at 63 days on 7 December at OVW's Saturday Night Special, when The Bodyguy reversed her finisher and won the title. Tapa surprisingly returned to OVW on 4 January 2014 at OVW's Saturday Night Special by dressing up as The Assassin, who was set for a match against The Bodyguy for the Women's Championship. Tapa defeated The Bodyguy after interference from The Assassin to win the Women's Championship for a second time. Tapa would also make an appearance in the Nightmare Scramble match on 25 January episode of OVW and become the first woman to ever compete, but she was attacked by a masked man, who would be revealed as Randy Royal on 1 March at OVW's Saturday Night Special, where Tapa lost the Women's Championship to Jessie Belle, and after the match Belle would pay Royal for attacking all of the females in the locker room.
Tapa would have the championship vacated from her on 1 November 2014 due to OVW discontinuing with their women's division at the time.
Global Force Wrestling (2015–2017)
On 6 May 2015, Global Force Wrestling (GFW) announced Tapa as part of their roster. She would have her first match under the GFW banner on 12 June 2015, where she lost to Thea Trinidad at the first show of the GFW Grand Slam Tour in Jackson, Tennessee.
Return to TNA (2015)
Tapa returned to TNA on 27 July 2015 episode of Impact Wrestling when she faced Awesome Kong as part of a show featuring GFW talent, which ended in a double countout. On 9 September episode of Impact Wrestling, Tapa interfered during a TNA Knockouts Championship match between champion Brooke and Gail Kim, where she attacked Brooke with the title belt and caused a disqualification. After the match, Tapa was released from her contract.
Mixed martial arts career
Rizin Fighting Federation
On 6 November 2015, it was announced during Bellator 145 that Tapa would face Gabrielle Garcia in an event for Rizin Fighting Federation on 31 December 2015. She trained for the event at American Top Team gym in Florida. Garcia defeated Tapa in the first round by TKO.
In her second fight for the promotion, Tapa is expected to face Reina Miura on 30 July 2017 at Rizin 6.
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|2 matches||0 wins||2 losses|
|Loss||0-2||Reina Miura||Decision (unanimous)||Rizin FF 6||30 July 2017||3||5:00||Saitama, Japan|
|Loss||0-1||Gabrielle Garcia||TKO (backfist and punches)||Rizin Fighting Federation 2||31 December 2015||1||2:36||Saitama, Japan|
Tonga is married with her current manager Royal Red "The Protector".
Championships and accomplishments
- AIWF Mid-Atlantic Wrestling
- AIWF World Women's Championship (1 time)
- Ohio Valley Wrestling
- Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
- "TNA Knockout Lei'D Tapa proud of her academics, ancestry, athletics". Miami Herald. 27 November 2013. Archived from the original on 5 December 2013. Retrieved 27 November 2013. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Seini Draughn". TheCarolinaQueens.com. Retrieved 23 June 2013.
- "Lei'D Tapa – Cagematch". Cagematch.
- "Lei'd Tapa talks her TNA Gut check". Wrestling Observer. 8 March 2013. Retrieved 23 June 2013.
- Johnson, Mike (24 February 2013). "Former WWE Star heading into TNA Gut Check". PWInsider. Retrieved 24 February 2013.
- Caldwell, James (7 March 2013). "Caldwell's TNA Impact Results 3/7: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live Impact – final Lockdown PPV hype". Pro Wrestling Torch Newsletter. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- Boutwell, Josh (4 October 2013). "TNA Impact Wrestling Results – 10/3/13 (Hogan decision)".
- Impact Wrestling (10 October 2013). "Lei'D Tapa Makes her presence felt to the Knockouts Division - Oct. 10, 2013". Retrieved 13 July 2017 – via YouTube.
- Carapola, Stuart. "NEW CHAMPIONS CROWNED AND MORE: COMPLETE TNA BOUND FOR GLORY PPV COVERAGE".
- Caldwell, James. "CALDWELL'S TNA IMPACT RESULTS 12/12: Ongoing "virtual-time" coverage of TNA Impact - Feast or Fired, X Title match, more". PWTorch. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- Boutwell, Josh. "TNA Impact Wrestling Results - 12/19/13 (New TNA Champion)". Wrestleview. Retrieved 19 December 2013.
- Tapa, LeiD. "When 1 door closes another door opens! Thank you @IMPACTWRESTLING for giving me the opportunity! To my fans I luv u all!! #BowDown". Twitter. Retrieved 21 March 2014.
- "Gail Kim comments on Lei'D Tapa's TNA release". 26 March 2014. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Upcoming OVW Spoilers". Diva-Dirt. Retrieved 29 May 2013.[unreliable source?]
- "Episode #721". Ohio Valley Wrestling. Archived from the original on 18 June 2013. Retrieved 15 June 2013. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "OVW TV Episode # 724". Ohio Valley Wrestling. Archived from the original on 7 July 2013. Retrieved 4 July 2013. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "OVW TV Episode # 725". Ohio Valley Wrestling. Archived from the original on 16 October 2013. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "OVW TV Episode # 726". Ohio Valley Wrestling. Archived from the original on 7 July 2013. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "OVW TV Episode # 735". Ohio Valley Wrestling. Archived from the original on 16 October 2013. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "OVW TV Episode # 736". Ohio Valley Wrestling. Archived from the original on 16 October 2013. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "OVW TV Episode # 737". Ohio Valley Wrestling. Archived from the original on 16 October 2013. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "OVW TV Episode # 738". Ohio Valley Wrestling. Archived from the original on 22 October 2013. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "OVW TV TAPING LIVE REPORT - PWInsider.com". www.pwinsider.com. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "OVW Saturday Night Special December 2013 Results". Brian Cannon. 7 December 2013.[unreliable source?]
- "OVW Saturday Night Special January 2014 Results". Brian Cannon. 4 January 2014.[unreliable source?]
- "OVW TV #753: "Did Sharpe Survive?"". Brian Cannon. 22 January 2014.[unreliable source?]
- Cannon, Brian (5 February 2014). "OVW TV #755: "New #1 Contender: Jamin or Shiloh?"". Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- Cannon, Brian (26 February 2014). "OVW TV #758: "The March is on to the Saturday Night Special"". Retrieved 27 February 2014.
- Cannon, Brian (1 March 2014). "OVW Saturday Night Special March 2014 Results". Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- "The GFW Roster Reveal Begins; Chael Sonnen Named GFW Analyst". Global Force Wrestling. 6 May 2015. Retrieved 8 October 2015.
- "*SPOILERS* TNA Impact Wrestling Tapings from 7/27/15". www.lordsofpain.net. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- McMahon, Mike (9 September 2015). "MCMAHON'S TNA IMPACT REPORT 9/9: TNA vs. GFW feud continues, Tag Titles change hands second week in a row, Jeff Hardy introduced as ECIII's assistant, more; Overall Reax". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 10 September 2015.
- Cohen, Jacob (12 July 2017). "Scoop #2: Ember Moon vs Lei'd Tapapic.twitter.com/kHQZHTTRfO". Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "During Bellator 145, King Mo's entry to the RIZIN FIGHTING WORLD GRAND-PRIX 2015 and Gabi Garcia vs Lei'D Tapa's matchup was announced". Rizin FF. Retrieved 7 November 2015.
- Pritchard, Bill (17 November 2015). "Lei'D Tapa Training For MMA Debut Fight, Top Ten WWE RAW Moments (Video)". Wrestle Zone. Retrieved 23 December 2015.
- "AIWF 21st Anniversary Weekend". AIWF Mid-Atlantic. 20 January 2013. Archived from the original on 7 July 2013. Retrieved 8 July 2013. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Lynch, Erin (6 October 2013). "OVW Saturday Night Special Results: Lei'D Tapa vs. Hannah Blossom for the Women's Title". Diva Dirt. Retrieved 6 October 2013.[unreliable source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lei'D Tapa.|