|Lebanon Trail High School|
5151 Ohio Drive
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Frisco Independent School District|
|Faculty||XX (on FTE basis)|
|Enrollment||1,757 (July 2018)|
|Color(s)||Green and Gold|
|Athletics conference||UIL Class 5A|
|Website||Lebanon Trail High School|
Lebanon Trail High School is a public high school located in Frisco, Texas (USA) that is part of the Frisco Independent School District. The school opened its doors in August 2016 for the 2016-2017 academic year. The school is the district's ninth high school. Upon opening, only freshman attended the school; successive years will see additional grade levels in attendance.
The school is named for Lebanon, a community which existed at the site about half a century before Frisco and was located near the Preston Trail. An initial decision to name the school Lebanon High school caused controversy among parents and students alike, who felt that the school's name would be too reminiscent of the Middle Eastern country of the same name; the community was allegedly in favor of a more "American-themed name."
The Lebanon Trail Blazers compete in the following sports:
- Cross Country
- Swimming and Diving
- Track and Field
- "Lebanon Trail High School - First Day of classes". schools.friscoisd.org. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- "Lebanon Trail High School". schools.friscoisd.org. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "Frisco's Lebanon High gets new name — sort of". Frisco Blog. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "Lebanon Trail Blazers Home Page". www.htosports.com. Retrieved 2018-10-31.
- Lebanon Trail Trailblazer Band
- Lebanon Trail Trailblazer Choir
- Lebanon Trail High School webpage
- Frisco Independent School District
- Campus Athletic Coordinator
- Lebanon Trail Blazer Football Teams
|This article about a high school in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|