The law of Malta incorporates continental law, common law and local traditions, such as Code de Rohan. A municipal code was enacted in 1784 and replaced in 1813. Maltese law has evolved over the centuries and reflected the rule of the context of the time. At present Malta has a mixed-system codification, influenced by Roman, French, British, European, international law, and local customs.
- Joanna Drake, P G Xuereb and Eugene Buttigieg. In Winterton and Moys (eds). Information Sources in Law. Second Edition. Bowker-Saur. 1997. Chapter Eighteen: Malta. Pages 307 to 319.
- Andò, Biagio (December 2011). "Mediterranean Legal Hybridity: Mixtures and Movements, the Relationships between the Legal and Normative Traditions of the Region; Malta, June 11-12, 2010". Journal of Civil Law Studies. Louisiana State University: Center of Civil Law Studies. 4 (2): 243–245. ISSN 1944-3749. OCLC 268995492. Archived from the original on 19 December 2016.
- "Mediterranean Legal Hybridity: Mixtures and Movements, the Relationships between the Legal and Normative Traditions of the Region; Malta, June 11-12, 2010". Journal of Civil Law Studies. Louisiana State University: Center of Civil Law Studies. 4 (2): 233–538. March 2012. ISSN 1944-3749. OCLC 268995492. Archived from the original on 9 September 2015.
- Cauchi, Jacqueline Azzopardi; Knepper, Paul (1 February 2009). "The Empire, the police, and the introduction of fingerprint technology in Malta". Criminology & Criminal Justice. London: Sage. 9 (1): 76. doi:10.1177/1748895808099181. ISSN 1748-8958. OCLC 746934116.
- David Joseph Attard. The Maltese Legal System. Second Edition. Malta University Press. 2013. ISBN 9789990945744. 
- Mark A Sammut. The Law in All Its Majesty: Essays in Maltese Legal History and Comparative Law. Russell Square Publishing Limited. 2016. ISBN 9781911301004. 
- Hugh W Harding. Maltese Legal History under British rule (1801-1836). Printed at Progress Press. Valletta, Malta. 1968. WorldCat. Reprinted by Malta University Press. 1980. WorldCat.
- Proclamation No 1 of the 10th March 1854, promulgating Her Majesty's Order in Council giving effect to a Code of Laws and Regulations of Police for the Island of Malta and its Dependencies. Google Books
- F Cremona. The Law on Commercial Partnerships in Malta. University of Malta. 1989. 
- Andrew Muscat. Principles of Maltese Company Law. Malta University Press. 2007. WorldCat
- Max Ganado, Ganado & Associates Advocates and the Institute of Financial Services Malta. An introduction to Maltese Financial Services Law. Allied Publications. Valletta, Malta. 2009. WorldCat
- Simone Borg and Louise Spiteri. Environmental Law in Malta. Kluwer Law International. 2010. Google Books
- Kevin Aquilina. Media Law in Malta. Kluwer Law International. 2014. ISBN 9789041153319. 
|This Malta-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|