|G.I. Joe character|
|Voiced by||Ron Ortiz (Law, Sunbow/Marvel),|
Frank Welker (Order, Sunbow/Marvel)
Corey Burton (Law, Renegades)
|File name||Lavigne, Christopher M.|
|Birth place||Houston, Texas|
|Primary MOS||Military Police|
Law's real name is Christopher M. Lavigne, and his rank is that of specialist E-4. He was born in Houston, Texas.
Law's primary military specialty is Military Police, and his secondary military specialty is intelligence. He served in Houston's Fifth Ward for two years, but was looking for a more fulfilling way to serve as a cop, so he enlisted as an MP with his German shepherd, Order. Law is a trained dog handler with a natural affinity for animals, and is also Airborne qualified.
Law & Order are tasked with developing and maintaining G.I. Joe security protocols, and are known for their no-nonsense procedure and attention to detail.
Law & Order were first released as action figures in 1987. Law was repainted and released as part of the "Sonic Fighters" line in 1990. A new version of Law was released in 1993 as part of the Battle Corps line.
Law & Order appeared as a Kreon in the 2013 G.I. Joe Kre-O toy line as part of the Check Point Alpha playset. The set includes Check Point Alpha, manned by Law & Order, and a Cobra motorcycle piloted by Firefly.
In the Marvel Comics G.I. Joe series, Law & Order first appeared in G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #60 (June 1987). Law is teamed with Lt. Falcon, Chuckles and Fast Draw. They are told they are official Joe members, but it is part of a conspiracy by rogue Pentagon officials to destroy Cobra Island with building sized missile. This includes kidnapped General Hawk and taking him to a decommissioned beach resort. The group fight a faction of Dreadnoks in all the confusion and the missile is destroyed by a Cobra transport helicopter. Hawk makes the group official Joe members on the spot. Law (with Order) works again with Chuckles. They escort Hawk as he tries to recruit Billy, the son of Cobra Commander. Law and the others who fought the Dreadnoks travel to the official Joe headquarters and have to deal with paperwork problems.
G.I. Joe: The Movie
Law & Order appeared in the animated film G.I. Joe: The Movie. Law is voiced by Ron Ortiz, while Order's vocal effects were provided by Frank Welker. They are established as a member of the "Rawhides", a group of new Joe recruits (including Chuckles, Big Lob, Jinx and Tunnel Rat) trained by Beach Head.
Law & Order appeared in the G.I. Joe: Renegades episode "Busted." Christopher Lavigne is a prison guard who works at a prison with his dog Order. He is displeased with the warden's illegal fight activities. When Flint and Lady Jaye storm the prison, Order takes down Granger (the Captain of the Guards) and Christopher saves Flint from two inmates.
- Hidalgo, Pablo (2009). G.I. Joe vs. Cobra: The Essential Guide 1982-2008. Random House. p. 50. ISBN 978-0-345-51642-8.
- Santelmo, Vincent (1994). The Official 30th Anniversary Salute To G.I. Joe 1964-1994. Krause Publications. p. 111. ISBN 0-87341-301-6.
- Santelmo, Vincent (1994). The Official 30th Anniversary Salute To G.I. Joe 1964-1994. Krause Publications. p. 133. ISBN 0-87341-301-6.
- G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #60 (June 1987)
- G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #63 (September 1987)
- G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #64 (October 1987)
- "G.I. Joe Frontline" #13
- "Roll Call". G.I. Joe Roll Call. Joe Headquarters. Retrieved 2008-06-13.
- G.I. Joe: The Movie (Motion picture). De Laurentiis Entertainment Group. April 20, 1987.
- Law & Order at JMM's G.I. Joe Comics Home Page