|Laurel and Hardy|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||156|
|Running time||5 minutes|
Larry Harmon Production|
David L. Wolper Productions
|Distributor||Wolper Television Sales|
Laurel and Hardy is an American animated television series and an updated version of Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy's comedic acts by the animation studio Hanna-Barbera from Hal Roach. A total of 156 shorts were made, each having its own opening and closing wrap-arounds, to make them easy to air in syndication. In a majority of the cartoons, after Laurel and Hardy get into a mess of trouble, almost each one of them ends with Laurel whimpering in a high register. As both Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy had died by the time of this series (Laurel died a year before the series went to air), Larry Harmon (who also produced the cartoons) and Jim MacGeorge respectively provided the voices of Stan and Ollie. They would later reprise their roles in an episode of The New Scooby-Doo Movies.
Home media releases
Congress Video Group released two volumes containing episodes from this cartoon series. Volume 1 contained the following episodes: "Can't Keep a Secret Agent", "How Green Was My Lawn Mower", "Handle With Care", "Camera Bugged", "Plumber Pudding", and "Robust Robot". Volume 2 Contained the following episodes: "Copper Bopper", "Feud For Thought", "Love Me, Love My Puppy", "Squawking Squatter", "Goofy Goofer Goff-Up", and "Sassy Sea Serpent".
On 6 November 2012, France released a four disc DVD set to the complete series, and it included 68 Episodes in English with French subtitles.
- Laurel and Hardy at the Big Cartoon DataBase bcdb.com February 9, 2011
- Larry Harmon's Laurel & Hardy (Thorpe & Porter)' at the Grand Comics Database
- Laurel and Hardy Extra at the Grand Comics Database
- Larry Harmon's Laurel and Hardy (DC Comics)' at the Grand Comics Database
- Pasko, Martin (2008). The DC Vault: A Museum-in-a-Book with Rare Collectibles from the DC Universe. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Running Press. p. 139. ISBN 0762432578.
Unpublished 1972 Laurel and Hardy cover by Henry Scarpelli with Superman figure redrawn by Joe Orlando.
- "Larry Harmon's Laurel & Hardy cartoons, volume 1 (VHS tape, 1986)". [WorldCat.org]. 1999-02-22. Retrieved 2015-02-17.
- "Larry Harmon's Laurel & Hardy cartoons, volume 2 : a Laurel & Hardy cartoon. (VHS tape, 1986)". WorldCat.org. 1999-02-22. Retrieved 2015-02-17.
- Larry Harmon. "Coffret Laurel et Hardy dessins animes - Larry Harmon : DVD & Blu-ray". Amazon.fr. Retrieved 2015-02-17.