Morera at the curtain call of MacMillan's Mayerling
|Education||Royal Ballet School|
|Current group||The Royal Ballet|
Early life and training
Morera was born in Madrid. She started going to London to attend Royal Academy of Dance's summer programme when she was seven, and when she was 10, she auditioned for The Royal Ballet School by dancing a solo from Paquita in pointe shoes. She graduated in 1995.
Morera joined The Royal Ballet after she graduated from the school. She became First Artist in 1998, Soloist in 1999, First Soloist in 2002 and Principal Dancer in 2007. She had performed lead roles ballets such as in the title role in the title role in Giselle, Sugar Plum Fairy in The Nutcracker, Natalia Petrovna in Ashton's A Month in the Country, Gypsy Girl in The Two Pigeons, MacMillan's Juliet in Romeo and Juliet, the title role in Manon, Mary Vetsera in Mayerling, the title role in Anastasia and Ttiana in Cranko's Onegin. She won the 2015 Critics' Circle National Dance Award for her performance as Lise in Ashton's La Fille mal gardée.
Outside of the company, Morera and her husband and former Royal Ballet dancer Justin Meissner have a group named Dance Tour International which held gala and workshops in different countries.
Morera's repertoire with the Royal Ballet includes:
- Lise in La Fille mal gardée
- The title role in Anastasia
- Diana in Sylvia
- Gypsy Girl in The Two Pigeons
- Effie in La Sylphide
- Masha and Irena in Winter Dreams
- Tatiana in Onegin
- The title role in Giselle
- Kitri in Don Quixote
- Sugar Plum Fairy in The Nutcracker
- Gamzatti in La Bayadère
- The title role and Lescaut’s Mistress in Manon
- Mary Vetsera, Mitzi Caspar and Marie Larisch in Mayerling
- The Queen of Hearts in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
- Paulina in The Winter’s Tale
- Titania in The Dream
- Wife in The Concert
- Rushes – Fragments of a Lost Story
- 'See, even Night herself is here’pas de deux
- Of Mozart
- Asphodel Meadows
- Sweet Violets
- Hansel and Gretel
- The Age of Anxiety
- Electric Counterpoint
- "Laura Morera". Royal Opera House. Retrieved 13 October 2020.
- Willis, Margaret (12 February 2016). "Interview – Laura Morera – Principal, The Royal Ballet". DanceTabs.
- Parry, Jann (22 April 2015). "Laura Morera & Vadim Muntagirov – Royal Ballet Principals, on La Fille mal gardée". Dancetabs.
- Guerreiro, Teresa (8 December 2018). "Laura Morera's Winter Dreams". Cultural Whisperer.
- "2015 National Dance Awards – Winners Announced". DanceTabs. 25 January 2016.