|Last Flight to Abuja|
|Directed by||Obi Emelonye|
|Music by||Luke Corradine|
|Cinematography||James M. Costello|
|Edited by||Ben Nugent|
Nollywood Film Factory
|Box office||₦57,050,000 (domestic gross)|
This article needs a plot summary. (April 2017)
Last Flight to Abuja is a 2012 Nigerian disaster thriller film written by Tunde Babalola, directed and produced by Obi Emelonye, and starring Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, Hakeem Kae-Kazim and Jim Iyke. Shot in Lagos, the film received 5 nominations at the 2013 Africa Movie Academy Awards, winning the category "Best film by an African based abroad".
- Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde - Suzie
- Hakeem Kae-Kazim - Adesola
- Ali Nuhu - Dan
- Jim Iyke - David
- Anthony Monjaro - Aircraft captain
- Uru Eke - Air hostess
- Tila Ben - Passenger
- Jide Kosoko - Chief Nike
- Celine Loader - Captain Seye
- Uche Odoputa - Efe
- Jennifer Oguzie - Yolanda
- Samuel Ajibola -
- Ashaju Oluwakemi -
- Nneka J. Adams
Last Flight to Abuja received mixed reviews. Praised for its cinematography and music score, most critics stated that the CGI and visual effects left a lot to be desired. The film grossed ₦8,350,000 in its opening weekend with an attendance of 9,638, and went ahead to gross ₦24,000,000 in its first week, topping the chart in west African cinemas and beating Hollywood movies such as The Amazing Spider-Man, Think Like a Man, The Avengers and Madagascar 3. It was released in many cities, including Lagos and London, where it was rated at 4 stars by Odeon cinemas.
- Kay, Chris (13 August 2013). "Moviemakers Beg Banks for Cash as Nollywood Goes Global". Bloomberg.
- Arogundade, Funsho (16 March 2013). "Emelonye's ' Last Flight To Abuja' Tops AMAA Nominations". P.M. News Nigeria. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) Winners 2013". African Movie Academy Award. Archived from the original on 31 May 2013. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- "Full List of Nominees for 2013 African Movie Academy Awards". African Spotlight. Lagos, Nigeria. 18 March 2013. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- Kay, Chris; Spillane, Chris (13 December 2013). "Nollywood comes of age". Oman Tribune. Archived from the original on 13 December 2013. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "Last Flight to Abuja". Nollywood Reinvented. 19 April 2013. Retrieved 26 May 2019.
- "Last Flight to Abuja grosses N8m in the box office". Vanguard. 18 August 2012. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- "Half of a Yellow Sun sets new box office record". Vanguard. 6 August 2014. Retrieved 31 October 2014.
- "Last Flight to Abuja emerges best box office hit of 2012". Nigerian Voice. 5 November 2012. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "'I'm Happy 'Last Flight To Abuja' Is Rated 4 Star' - Omotola Jalade". Nigeria Films. Archived from the original on 5 August 2012. Retrieved 23 April 2014.