|Las Vegas Nevada Temple|
|Dedicated||December 16, 1989 by |
Gordon B. Hinckley
|Site||10.3 acres (4.2 hectares)|
|Floor area||80,350 sq ft (7,465 m2)|
|Height||137 ft (42 m)|
|Preceded by||Portland Oregon Temple|
|Followed by||Toronto Ontario Temple|
|Official website • News & images|
Located in the Sunrise Manor CDP near Las Vegas, Nevada, the temple sits on 10.3 acres (4.2 ha) of land at the base of Frenchman Mountain. A groundbreaking ceremony and site dedication for the temple were held in November 1985. Gordon B. Hinckley, then a counselor in the church's First Presidency, presided and gave the dedication prayer. Construction began soon after the ceremony.
After construction was completed, the temple was open to the public for tours between November 16 and December 9, 1989. Almost 300,000 toured the temple and its grounds during these three weeks. The temple has six spires, the highest of which is 119 feet (36 m). At the top of this tower stands a ten-foot statue of the angel Moroni. The exterior is a white finish of pre-cast stone walls with a copper roof. The temple has 192 rooms, which includes four ordinance rooms, a Celestial room, six sealing rooms, a baptismal font, and other facilities to meet the needs of the purposes of the temple. The temple serves church members in the southern part of Nevada and surrounding areas in California and Arizona. 
Hinckley dedicated the Las Vegas Nevada Temple in sessions held December 16–18, 1989. Eleven sessions were held and more than 30,000 Latter-day Saints attended the dedicatory services. The temple was dedicated as "an oasis of peace and light."
- Comparison of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Temple (Latter Day Saints)
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by geographic region
- Temple architecture (Latter-day Saints)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Nevada
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- "Las Vegas Nevada Temple". Mormon Newsroom. Retrieved May 13, 2019.
- "LDS Statistics and Church Facts | Total Church Membership". Mormon Newsroom. Retrieved May 13, 2019.