Early life and career
Fong showed interest and talent in art at a young age. His experience in photography and film was self-taught, beginning in junior high with short films shot on Super 8, cel animation, and stop motion projects. He graduated from UCLA with a B.A. in Linguistics and Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, specializing in film and photography.
He began his professional career filming music videos, and garnered enough attention to result in him filming two independent films and various TV pilots, commercials, and shorts.
|2000||Cost of Living||Stan Schofield|
|2004||Cape of Good Hope|
|2006||300||Zack Snyder||First collaboration with Zack Snyder|
|Super 8||J. J. Abrams|
|2013||Now You See Me||Louis Leterrier||Co-shot with Mitchell Amundsen|
|2016||Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice||Zack Snyder|
|2017||Kong: Skull Island||Jordan Vogt-Roberts|
|2018||The Predator||Shane Black|
|2020||The SpongeBob Movie: It's a Wonderful Sponge||Tim Hill||Post-production|
|TBA||Ghost Draft||Chris McKay||Filming|
|1992||Red Shoe Diaries||"Accidents Happen";
"Just Like That"
"Whatever the Case May Be";
"House of the Rising Sun";
|J. J. Abrams;|
|2005||The Catch||"Pilot"||Jesse Peretz|
|2006||Secrets of a Small Town||"Pilot"||Adam Davidson|
|2009||Anatomy of Hope||"Pilot"||J. J. Abrams|
|Cop House||"Pilot"||Brett Ratner|
|2010||The Shield||"Cut Throat"||Bronwen Hughes|
In 2005, he was nominated for an ASC Award for "Outstanding Achievement in Cinematography in Movies of the Week/Mini-Series/Pilot for Broadcast TV" for the pilot episode of Lost (2004).
- Larry Fong – Internet Encyclopedia of Cinematographers
- ASC awards Archived 2010-12-29 at the Wayback Machine
- "Oscars.org". Archived from the original on 2014-04-14. Retrieved 2014-04-13.
- Asiaarts.ucla.edu Archived 2010-07-23 at the Wayback Machine
- Media.theory11.com Archived 2011-07-15 at the Wayback Machine
- Gallagher, Brian. "EXCLUSIVE: Super 8 Blu-ray Featurette". MovieWeb.
- Sciretta, Peter. "Larry Fong to Shoot Shane Black's 'The Predator'". Slashfilm. Retrieved 21 November 2016.
|This article about an American cinematographer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|