The Lanka Lutheran Church is a Lutheran body that once existed in Sri Lanka. It was a denomination of around 5000 members, in fellowship with the Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod since 2001. As a full member of the Lutheran World Federation, it was also in full communion with all other Lutheran World Federation churches. In 2009, it had 5,324 baptized members.
Today the Lanka Lutheran Church has become the Ceylon Evangelical Lutheran Church, which is a full member of the International Lutheran Council.
- Fahlbusch, Erwin; Bromiley, Geoffrey William. The Encyclopedia of Christianity. vol. 3. Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing. p. 357. ISBN 0-8028-2415-3.
- "A first: LCMS convention gives 100 percent approval to fellowship vote". Worldwide Faith News. 2001-07-17. Archived from the original on 2005-11-18. Retrieved 2008-03-06.
- LWF Statistics 2009 Archived 2010-08-21 at the Wayback Machine
- Lutheran World Federation profile of the Lanka Lutheran Church
- Lanka Lutheran Church– home page
- Asia Lutheran Communion
|This article relating to Lutheranism is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|