This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Town hall in 1989
|• Mayor||Mirko Heuer (CDU)|
|• Total||71.99 km2 (27.80 sq mi)|
|Elevation||51 m (167 ft)|
|• Density||760/km2 (2,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
From 1866 to 1868 Robert Koch worked in Langenhagen.
On August 17, 1982, the world's first mass production of Compact Discs began in Langenhagen.
The Langenhagen standard (German: Langenhagener Norm), declared 1990 and sponsored by Brenneke is an industry standard for the minimal precision of shotguns and combination guns fit for hunting with shotgun slugs.
Langenhagen consists of Langenhagen proper (including the Old Town, Brink, Langenforth and Wiesenau), Engelbostel (including Kananohe), Godshorn, Kaltenweide (including Altenhorst, Hainhaus, Maspe, Siedlung Twenge, Twenge and Kiebitzkrug), Krähenwinkel, and Schulenburg.
- Bahlsen
- Hermes Europe is currently building a new hub for northern Germany. It will be operational in January 2011.
- Konica Minolta
- MTU Aero Engines
- Reemtsma
- Wagner Group
In 2001 the town council was elected for five years. The Christian Democrats and the Social Democrats won the election (both parties send 19 councilors to the council). The two "small" parties FDP (Free Democratic Party) and Bündnis 90/Die Grünen (Greens) received two seats each. Dr. Susanne Schott-Lemmer (CDU) is the mayor of Langenhagen. She won against the candidate of the Social Democrats with more than 60 percent.
On 10 September 2006 the town council was elected for five years. The Social Democrats won the election (send 19 councilors to the council). The FDP (Free Democratic Party) got two seats and Bündnis 90/Die Grünen (Greens) received four seats each. The Christian Democrats lost with only 16 seats. Dr. Susanne Schott-Lemmer (CDU) was not elected and is the loser of the elections. The new mayor of Langenhagen is Friedhelm Fischer from the Social Democrats with more than 52 percent.
Twin towns – sister cities
- Augustus Frederick Christopher Kollmann (1756–1829), organist and composer
- Willy Max Rademacher (1897–1971), politician associated with the FDP
- André Breitenreiter (born 1973), footballer
Langenhagen concentration camp memorial
- Landesamt für Statistik Niedersachsen, LSN-Online Regionaldatenbank, Tabelle 12411: Fortschreibung des Bevölkerungsstandes, Stand 31. Dezember 2019.
- Brenneke-munition.de Archived 2010-11-02 at the Wayback Machine (in German)
- "About TUIfly." TUIfly. Retrieved on 12 May 2009.
- "Contact." TUIfly. Retrieved on 12 May 2009.
- "Facts and Figures." Hapagfly. 1 June 2005. Retrieved on 29 May 2009.
- Brenneke-munition.de Archived 2011-07-18 at the Wayback Machine
- "Pressemitteilung". Retrieved on 17 September 2010.
- "Städtepartnerschaften & Freundschaften". langenhagen.de (in German). Langenhagen. Retrieved 2021-02-18.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Langenhagen.|