Lancelot Oduwa Imasuen
|Born||21 July 1971 (age 49)|
Benin City, Nigeria
|Occupation||director, producer, screenwriter|
|Spouse(s)||Aimua Lancelot Imasuen|
Lancelot Oduwa Imasuen (born 21 July 1971) is a Nigerian film director, screenwriter and film producer.
Imasuen has worked in the film industry since 1999 mainly as a film director and producer. He currently lives in Lagos.
His films feature unexplored aspects of the African experience including tribalism, witchcraft, crime, poverty, religion, and folk beliefs.
In 2008 a Canadian documentary Nollywood Babylon co-directed by Ben Addelman and Samir Mallal, and produced by AM Pictures and the National Film Board of Canada in association with the Documentary Channel, followed Lancelot Oduwa Imasuen while he was shooting his 157th film Bent Arrows.
- The Soul That Sinneth (1999)
- The Last Burial (2000)
- Private Sin (2003)
- Enslaved (2004)
- Moment of Truth (2005)
- Games Men Play (2006)
- Yahoo Millionaire (2007)
- Sister's Love (2008)
- Entanglement (2009)
- Home in Exile (2010)
- Bent Arrows (2010)
- Adesuwa (2012)
- Invasion 1897 (2014)
- ABCs_of_Death_2 (Segment L is for Legacy) (2014)
- "ATM (Authentic Tentative Marriage)" (2016)
- Enakhe (2020)
- "Lancelot Oduwa Imasuen". Retrieved 16 January 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Review at The AFRican Lifestyle Magazine
- "Imasuen sets to rewrite Benin history - Vanguard News". 13 August 2011. Retrieved 16 January 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- National Film Board of Canada Archived 10 August 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- "Nollywood Babylon | Sundance Festival 2009". Festival.sundance.org. Retrieved 29 September 2009. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Africa Magic's Enakhe goes South to find its Flavor". TNS. 1 October 2020. Retrieved 28 February 2021.
- Lancelot Oduwa Imasuen at IMDb
- Lancelot Oduwa Imasuen at AllMovie
- Lancelot Oduwa Imasuen at Rotten Tomatoes