Exterior of Lakeside MRT station
|Location||201 Boon Lay Way|
|Operated by||SMRT Trains (SMRT Corporation)|
|Platforms||2 (1 island platform)|
|Opened||5 November 1988|
Lakeside MRT station (EW26) is an above-ground Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) station on the East West Line in Jurong West, Singapore. This station is built on the northwestern bank of the Jurong Lake, hence its name.
Lakeside station provides MRT access to residents living in Taman Jurong and Hong Kah. It is currently one of the three stations that serve Jurong West New Town; the other two being Boon Lay MRT station and Pioneer MRT station.
The station was opened on 5 November 1988 and served as the western terminal station for the East West Line until Boon Lay was opened on 6 July 1990 and the MRT system that time was declared opened by the late President Wee Kim Wee.
As with most of the above-ground stations built in the past along the East West Line, it was built without platform screen doors. After several successful tests at Jurong East, Yishun and Pasir Ris and eventually, installation of the half-height screen doors started on 9 June 2010 and operations commenced on 31 August that year along with Bukit Batok.
High-volume low-speed fans were installed and commenced operation on 30 November 2012. Privacy screens were installed from Lakeside MRT station to Corporation Road, excluding Lakeside crossover to minimise noise generated from their residents.
- Dhaliwal, Rav (16 September 1985). "Ethnic touch for MRT stations". The Straits Times. Singapore. Retrieved 16 June 2018 – via NewspaperSG.
- "Three more stations for MRT system". The Business Times. 5 November 1988. Retrieved 16 June 2018 – via NewspaperSG.
- Wong, Siew Ying (January 26, 2008). "Above-ground MRT stations to have platform screen doors by 2012". Channel NewsAsia. Archived from the original on July 30, 2012. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- "Enhancing Connectivity and Comfort for Commuters". Land Transport Authority. 13 October 2011. Archived from the original on 25 December 2012. Retrieved 6 July 2012.
- Railway Noise Barriers on Track