Lakeside, looking north from Highway 2, across the BNSF tracks
|Elevation||3,881 ft (1,183 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||830598|
Lakeside is an unincorporated community in southern Sheridan County, Nebraska, United States. It lies along Nebraska Highways 2 and 250 south of the city of Rushville, the county seat of Sheridan County. Its elevation is 3,881 feet (1,183 m). Lakeside has a post office, with ZIP code 69351.
Early settlers were John B. And Caroline Talbot Merrill of Michigan and Norton, Suffolk, England respectively, circa 1890. Other early residents were the Nelson family, Danish immigrants. Daughters Lulu and Clara Nelson. P. McFadden 2018 The Lakeside post office was established in 1888. The community was named from the lake nearby.
- Rand McNally. The Road Atlas '08. Chicago: Rand McNally, 2008, p. 62.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Lakeside, Nebraska, Geographic Names Information System, 1979-03-09. Accessed 2008-04-26.
- "Free ZIP Code Lookup with area code, county, geocode, MSA/PMSA, population". www.zipinfo.com.
- "Sheridan County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- Fitzpatrick, Lillian L. (1960). Nebraska Place-Names. University of Nebraska Press. p. 133. ISBN 0-8032-5060-6. A 1925 edition is available for download at University of Nebraska—Lincoln Digital Commons.
|This Nebraska state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|