La Romana Casa De Campo International Airport
Aeropuerto Internacional La Romana Casa De Campo
|Owner||City of La Romana|
|Operator||Central Romana Corporation|
|Serves||La Romana, Dominican Republic|
|Elevation AMSL||213 ft / 65 m|
La Romana Casa De Campo International Airport (IATA: LRM, ICAO: MDLR) is an international airport located on the southeastern coast of the Dominican Republic, adjacent to the tourist town of La Romana and the resort of Casa de Campo. It is located about 68 miles (110 km) from the capital, Santo Domingo, approximately 1 hour and 34 minutes by car. In 2008, 374,724 passengers passed through the airport.
The current single terminal is built in the style of an old sugar mill. The airport consists of a main terminal with four modern gates. It has facilities for passengers and for the maintenance of aircraft. This airport receives most of the private flights in the country, principally businessmen that come to La Romana for vacations in Casa de Campo. The La Romana VOR/DME (Ident: LRN) and the La Romana non-directional beacon (Ident: LRN) are located on the field.
The current airport opened in December 2000 and replaced the earlier La Romana Airport with the same name and IATA code. The old airport was on the Caribbean shore, 5 kilometres (3.1 mi) southwest of the current airport. The former airport served private planes and one daily American Airlines flight from Miami and a few American Eagle flights.
Airlines and destinations
|Air Europa||Charter: Madrid|
|Air Transat|| Montréal–Trudeau |
Seasonal: Québec City, Toronto–Pearson
|Azur Air|| Moscow–Vnukovo, St. Petersburg|
Seasonal: Kazan, Yekaterinburg
|Azur Air Ukraine||Seasonal charter: Kiev-Boryspil|
|Condor||Seasonal charter: Frankfurt, Munich|
|Eurowings||Seasonal charter: Düsseldorf|
|Neos||Milan–Malpensa, Rome–Fiumicino, Verona|
|TUI Airways||Seasonal: London–Gatwick, Manchester|
|3||St. Petersburg||25,178||Azur Air|
|4||Kiev||24,057||Azur Air Ukraine|
|7||Montreal-Trudeau||16,209||Air Transat, Sunwing Airlines|
|8||Toronto-Pearson||12,240||Air Transat, Sunwing Airlines|
- Transport in Dominican Republic
- List of airports in Dominican Republic
- List of the busiest airports in Dominican Republic
- List of the busiest airports in the Caribbean
- Airport information for La Romana International Airport at Great Circle Mapper.
- "La Romana Airport". Google Maps. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- "La Romana Airport". SkyVector. SkyVector Aeronautical Charts. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- Departamento Aeroportuario – 2008 passenger statistics[permanent dead link]
- La Romana VOR
- La Romana NDB
- - location of former airport
- "Agency announces 2 Russia-La Romana flights". dominicantoday.com. 17 September 2019. Retrieved 20 September 2019.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 16 February 2017. Retrieved 16 August 2017.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- OpenStreetMap - La Romana Airport
- La Romana International Airport
- Airport information for La Romana International Airport at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Current weather for La Romana at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for La Romana International Airport at Aviation Safety Network