Dr. Joaquín Balaguer International Airport
Aeropuerto Internacional Dr. Joaquin Balaguer
|Location||La Isabela, El Higuero, La Victoria and Santo Domingo Norte in Santo Domingo Province, Dominican Republic|
|Hub for||Aerodomca, Air Century|
|Time zone||Eastern Caribbean Time (UTC−04:00)|
|Elevation AMSL||98 ft / 30 m|
La Isabela International Airport (IATA: JBQ, ICAO: MDJB) opened in February 2006 to replace Herrera International Airport. The first flight to land at the airport was a Caribair flight from Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
It primarily serves the Dominican Republic with domestic flights and some international flights to other Caribbean islands. La Isabela Airport is the major hub for Dominican airlines that operate small aircraft. The airport has the largest number of hangars in the country (+40) for Dominican-based carriers. It is, as of June 2020, also the only airport in Santo Domingo that serves domestic destinations, as Las Americas International Airport, the other airport serving Santo Domingo, lacks domestic air service.
Airlines and destinations
|Air Century||Aruba, Curaçao, Puerto Plata, Punta Cana, San Juan, Santiago de los Caballeros, Sint Maarten|
|Sunrise Airways||Port-au-Prince, Cap-Haïtien|
|1||Port-au-Prince||29,679||Air Century, Sunrise Airways|
|3||St. Maarten||11,955||Air Century|
|4||San Juan||8,893||Air Century|
- www.caribbeanjet.com Archived 2007-09-28 at the Wayback Machine
- www.aerodom.com Archived 2007-07-03 at the Wayback Machine
- http://www.clavedigital.com/Portada/Articulo.asp?Id_Articulo=6964[permanent dead link]
- [https://web.archive.org/web/20190401200126/http://www.jac.gob.do/transparencia/index.php/estadisticas/category/521-4to-trimestre Archived 2019-04-01 at the Wayback Machine
- "Home." Servicios Aéreos Profesionales. Retrieved on January 15, 2013. "Headquarter: Dr. Joaquín Balaguer International Airport, La Isabela, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic"
- "Contact Us Archived 2012-08-26 at the Wayback Machine." Air Century. Retrieved on January 15, 2012. "Address: Dr. Joaquín Balaguer International Airport, Local No. 1032, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic."