Number of employees
|Parent||Jones Lang LaSalle|
LaSalle Investment Management ("LaSalle") is a leading real estate investment management firm. It is an independent subsidiary of Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), a real estate financial and professional services company.
LaSalle manages capital for institutions and private investors all over the world, investing in private and public real estate equity and debt through a range of investment vehicles. LaSalle products include separate accounts, open and closed end funds, public securities, and entity level investments. LaSalle’s client base includes public and private pension funds, insurance companies, governments, endowments, and private individuals from across the globe.
As of Q4 2015, LaSalle manages $59.0 billion of private and public property equity investments, and has nearly 700 employees in 17 countries worldwide. It was ranked the 5th largest private equity real estate firm globally in PEI's 2013 PERE ranking.
Jones Lang LaSalle was formed by the merger of Jones Lang Wootton, a British firm with origins dating back to 1783, and LaSalle Partners, an American company formed from a predecessor launched in 1968, in 1999. The respective fund management divisions merged to form LaSalle Investment Management. LaSalle is headquartered in the Nuveen Building in Chicago, Illinois, where Jones Lang LaSalle also serves as building manager. Co-headquarters operate in London (covering Europe and the Middle East) and Singapore (covering Asia Pacific).
LaSalle was named "Best Property Manager of the Year "at the European Pensions Awards 2011.
LaSalle won a sales award at the Investment Property Databank / Investment Property Forum Property Investment Awards 2011 in London.
Sustainability in real estate
LaSalle Investment Management has stated that they recognize buildings have a major impact on the environment. LaSalle has made a commitment to playing a role in addressing global environmental challenges through the investments it makes on behalf of clients, as well as the firm’s day-to-day operations.
In July 2009, LaSalle became a signatory as an Investment Manager to the United Nations-backed Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI).
LaSalle is a charter member and the largest pilot participant in a project to create a standardized metric for carbon measurement by commercial real estate. The Greenprint Foundation is a consortium of leading firms in commercial real estate and is at the forefront of creating metrics to determine the environmental impact of commercial real estate.
- "LaSalle Investment Management". lasalle.com. Retrieved December 10, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "LaSalle Investment Management : LaSalle Investment Management". Lasalle.com. Retrieved January 30, 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "LaSalle Investment Management : Company – The LaSalle Approach". Lasalle.com. Retrieved January 30, 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "PERE 50 2013" (PDF). Alphaipartners.com. Retrieved April 15, 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "European Pensions". European Pensions. Retrieved January 30, 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "2011 World's Most Ethical Companies; Ethisphere™ Institute". ethisphere.com. Retrieved April 15, 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "IPD/IPF UK Property Investment Awards 2011: The Winners (UK)" (PDF). ipd.com. March 31, 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on April 16, 2014. Retrieved June 15, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "World's Most Admired Companies 2011: Industries - Real Estate - FORTUNE on CNNMoney.com". money.cnn.com. March 21, 2011. Retrieved January 30, 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Sustainability" (PDF). JLL. Retrieved December 10, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Principles for Responsible Investment – Official Home". Unpri.org. Retrieved January 30, 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "The Urban Land Institute Joins Forces with the Greenprint Foundation to Create ULI Greenprint Center for Building Performance". PR Newswire. January 19, 2012.