|Kurt Cobain: About a Son|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||AJ Schnack|
|Produced by||Ravi Anne|
|Narrated by||Kurt Cobain|
|Music by||Steve Fisk|
|Edited by||AJ Schnack|
|Distributed by||Balcony Releasing|
|September 10, 2006(Toronto) |
October 3, 2007
Kurt Cobain: About a Son is a 2006 American documentary film about Kurt Cobain, directed by AJ Schnack. It debuted at the 2006 Toronto International Film Festival, and was produced by Sidetrack Films. The documentary features audio recordings of interviews between Cobain and journalist Michael Azerrad done for the book Come as You Are: The Story of Nirvana, set over ambient cinematography of the places which Kurt Cobain called his home, mainly Aberdeen, Olympia, and Seattle. The film played at numerous film festivals, and was nominated for the 2007 Independent Spirit's Truer than Fiction Award. The DVD, which was released by Shout! Factory in February 2008, includes bonus interviews and commentary by Michael Azerrad and A.J. Schnack. Shout! Factory also put out the documentary's first Blu-ray edition on October 6, 2009.
- Steve Fisk & Benjamin Gibbard – Overture
- "Motorcycle Song" - Arlo Guthrie
- "It's Late" - Queen
- "Downed" - Cheap Trick
- "Eye Flys" - Melvins
- Audio: Punk Rock
- "My Family's a Little Weird" - MDC
- "Banned in D.C." - Bad Brains
- "Up Around the Bend" - Creedence Clearwater Revival
- "Kerosene" - Big Black
- "Put Some Sugar on It" - Half Japanese
- "Include Me Out" - Young Marble Giants
- "Round Two" - Pasties
- "Son of a Gun" - The Vaselines
- "Graveyard" - Butthole Surfers
- Audio: Hardcore Was Dead
- "Owner's Lament" - Scratch Acid
- "Touch Me I'm Sick" - Mudhoney
- Audio: Car Radio
- "The Passenger" - Iggy Pop
- "Star Sign" - Teenage Fanclub
- "The Bourgeois Blues" - Lead Belly
- "New Orleans Instrumental No. 1" - R.E.M.
- Audio: The Limelight
- "The Man Who Sold the World" - David Bowie
- "Museum" - Mark Lanegan
- "Indian Summer" - Ben Gibbard
- AllMusic Review by Stephen Thomas Erlewine allmusic.com. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- "Kurt Cobain: About A Son": Behind the Movie That's Moving Audiences to Tears rollingstone.com. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- Kurt Cobain - About a Son amazon.com. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- Kurt Cobain: About A Son [Blu-ray] amazon.com. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- "Award Winners". web.archive.org. 2010-08-28. Retrieved 2019-09-23.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kurt Cobain: About a Son.|
- Kurt Cobain About a Son
- Kurt Cobain About a Son at AllMovie
- Kurt Cobain About a Son on IMDb
- Kurt Cobain: About a Son at Rotten Tomatoes
|This article about a music-related documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|