Coimbatore Ward no 96-100
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Kurichi is a neighborhood of Coimbatore city in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It was upgraded to a municipality in 2004, it was recently merged with the Coimbatore Corporation. As of 2011, the town had a population of 123,770
Kurichi is located at .
According to 2011 census, Kurichi had a population of 123,667 with a sex-ratio of 1,001 females for every 1,000 males, much above the national average of 929. A total of 12,987 were under the age of six, constituting 6,596 males and 6,391 females. Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes accounted for 10.51% and .25% of the population respectively. The average literacy of the town was 80.48%, compared to the national average of 72.99%. The town had a total of 32830 households. There were a total of 49,040 workers, comprising 264 cultivators, 263 main agricultural labourers, 1,060 in house hold industries, 43,232 other workers, 4,221 marginal workers, 61 marginal cultivators, 53 marginal agricultural labourers, 137 marginal workers in household industries and 3,970 other marginal workers.
As per the religious census of 2011, Kurichi had 68.97% Hindus, 19.63% Muslims, 10.89% Christians, 0.04% Sikhs, 0.01% Buddhists, 0.01% Jains, 0.44% following other religions and 0.01% following no religion or did not indicate any religious preference.
Kurichi was upgraded to a municipality in 2004.
Real Estate in Kurichi
There are major Real Estate Projects are going on. Shriram Shreshta from the house of Shriram Properties is one of the biggest and Largest Villa Gated Community in Coimbatore.
- Madhavan, Karthik (27 October 2011). "Added areas vote overwhelmingly in AIADMK's favour". Coimbatore. The Hindu. Retrieved 30 August 2012.
- "Yahoo maps location of Kurichi". Yahoo maps. Retrieved 26 December 2008.
- "Census Info 2011 Final population totals". Office of The Registrar General and Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2013. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- "Census Info 2011 Final population totals - Kurichi". Office of The Registrar General and Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2013. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- "Population By Religious Community - Tamil Nadu" (XLS). Office of The Registrar General and Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2011. Retrieved 13 September 2015.
- "About Municipality". Kurichi Municipality. Retrieved 26 December 2008.
- "About Project". Kurichi Municipality. Retrieved 26 December 2008.
|This Coimbatore district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|