Kuala Langat District
|Daerah Kuala Langat|
|• Jawi||كوالا لڠات|
|• Tamil||குவாலா லாஙா���்|
Location of Kuala Langat District in Selangor
|Local area government(s)||Kuala Langat Municipal Council|
|• District officer||Rosli Othman|
|• Sultan's Representative||Mohamed Al Haj Harun|
|• Total||858 km2 (331 sq mi)|
|• Density||250/km2 (650/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (MST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+8 (Not observed)|
|Calling code||+6-03-31, +6-03-51, +6-03-5614, +6-03-80|
|Vehicle registration plates||B|
The Kuala Langat District is a district of Selangor, Malaysia. It is situated in the southwestern part of Selangor. It covers an area of 858 square kilometres, and had a population of 213,876 at the 2010 Census (exclude foreign). It is bordered by the districts of Klang and Petaling to the north and Sepang to the east. The Strait of Malacca forms its western border.
Kuala Langat is predominantly an agricultural district, with the main crop being oil-palm. In addition, Kuala Langat has several forest reserves, including the Kuala Langat North Forest Reserve and the Kuala Langat South Forest Reserve, both of which are important for the conservation of flora and fauna.
Kuala Langat is famous for its agricultural produce, industries that recycle scrap metal, home stay programmes for tourists and for its National Space Centre in Kanchong Darat. Local farmers transform scrap metal from cars, electronics and other household appliances into large 12 meter transformers. 
Putrajaya and the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA), linked by new highways, have become the catalyst for Kuala Langat’s development. Road networks and infrastructure in the district are good, making it viable for manufacturers to transport their finished goods on freight trucks to Kuala Lumpur, KLIA and Port Klang.
Bandar Saujana Putra, located in the far-north of the district, was established in 2003 by LBS Bina Berhad and is located near Putra Heights, UEP Subang Jaya (USJ) and Puchong, as well as Cyberjaya, Putrajaya, and Teluk Panglima Garang. 
The Telok Panglima Garang Free Trade Zone, industries manufacturing electronic components and car parts have created many job opportunities for locals.
Morib is being moulded into an education hub and that plans were afoot to set up a few educational institutions in Jugra. Currently there is the Kuala Langat Community College and Industrial Training Institute. Other institutions being built are a matriculation college, a polytechnic and a Mara skills training institute.
Federal Parliament and State Assembly Seats
List of Kuala Langat district representatives in the Federal Parliament (Dewan Rakyat)
|Parliament||Seat Name||Member of Parliament||Party|
|P112||Kuala Langat||Xavier Jayakumar||Pakatan Harapan (PKR)|
|P113||Sepang||Mohamed Hanipa Maidin||Pakatan Harapan (AMANAH)|
List of Kuala Langat district representatives in the State Legislative Assembly (Dewan Undangan Negeri)
|Parliament||State||Seat Name||State Assemblyman||Party|
|P112||N51||Sijangkang||Ahmad Yunus Hairi||Perikatan Nasional (PAS)|
|P112||N52||Banting||Lau Weng San||Pakatan Harapan (DAP)|
|P112||N53||Morib||Hasnul Baharuddin||Pakatan Harapan (AMANAH)|
|P113||N54||Tanjong Sepat||Borhan bin Ahmad Shah||Pakatan Harapan (PKR)|
|P113||N55||Dengkil||Adhif Syan bin Abdullah||Perikatan Nasional (PPBM)|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kuala Langat.|
- "Portal Rasmi PDT Kuala Langat Perutusan Pegawai Daerah Kuala Langat". www2.selangor.gov.my. 2016-06-06. Archived from the original on 2016-09-23.
- "Portal Rasmi PDT Kuala Langat Orang Besar Daerah". www2.selangor.gov.my. 2017-01-23. Archived from the original on 2017-02-04.
- "Portal Rasmi PDT Kuala Langat Profil Kuala Langat". www2.selangor.gov.my. 2016-08-30. Archived from the original on 2020-10-25.
- "Population Distribution and Basic Demographic Characteristics, 2010" (PDF). Department of Statistics, Malaysia. Archived from the original (PDF) on 22 May 2014. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- "JPS DAERAH KUALA LANGAT" (PDF). apps.water.gov.my. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2016-08-18. Retrieved 2020-12-25.
- "Preserve Kuala Langat North Forest reserve, minister tells Selangor". Free Malaysia Today. October 1, 2020. Archived from the original on 2020-10-09.
- "Man transforms scrap metal into 12-metre Transformer". gbtimes.com. Nov 17, 2015. Archived from the original on 2018-02-11.
- "Kelana Jaya and Ampang LRT extension services to begin June 30". www.thesundaily.my.