|Member of the Ohio House of Representatives from the 18th District|
|Assumed office |
January 26, 2016
|Preceded by||Michael Stinziano|
|Alma mater||Kent State University (B.A.)|
Cleveland Marshall College of Law (J.D.)
Kristin S. Boggs is the state representative for the 18th District of the Ohio House of Representatives. She is a Democrat. The district includes portions of Columbus including the German Village, Italian Village, Victorian Village, the Short North, Franklinton, Downtown Columbus and The Ohio State University, as well as Bexley and Grandview Heights in Franklin County.
Life and career
Boggs was born and raised in Ashtabula, Ohio, and is the daughter of Robert Boggs, a former member of the Ohio House of Representatives, Democratic Leader in the Ohio Senate, as well as a former Director of the Ohio Department of Agriculture. She attended Kent State University before joining the Americorps.
Following her time with the Americorps, Boggs attended the Cleveland Marshall College of Law, and subsequently worked as an Ohio Assistant Attorney General for nearly ten years. She focused on a number of issues, including predatory lending and fair wages for workers.
Ohio House of Representatives
In 2015, Representative Michael Stinziano won election to the Columbus City Council and resigned from his seat. The Ohio Democratic House Caucus chose Boggs from a number of candidates to replace him, and she was appointed to finish out his term on January 26, 2016.
Boggs was elected to her first term in November 2016. She defeated Republican and Green Party opponents by obtaining more than 66% of the vote.
- "Race begins for filling open 18th House District seat". Columbus Dispatch. 2015-11-20. Retrieved 2016-01-27.
- "Kristin S. Boggs picked for 18th House District vacancy". Columbus Dispatch. 2015-12-28. Retrieved 2016-01-27.
- "Why John Kasich isn't feeling the Bern: Ohio Politics Roundup". Plain Dealer. 2016-01-27. Retrieved 2016-01-27.
- "Super-PAC backing John Kasich compares Donald Trump to a hippo-crit". Columbus Dispatch. 2015-12-14. Retrieved 2016-01-27.
- "18th House District draws more attention". Columbus Dispatch. 2015-11-20. Retrieved 2016-01-27.
- "All five open Columbus City Council seats go to Democrats". Columbus Dispatch. 2015-11-04. Retrieved 2016-01-27.
- "DeWine assistant to take Stinziano's seat in Ohio House". 614 Now. 2015-12-29. Retrieved 2016-01-27.
- Ohio State Representative Kristin Boggs official site
| Ohio House of Representatives, 18th District