Krenzler Field is a soccer stadium in Cleveland, Ohio on the campus of Cleveland State University. It serves as the home field to the men's and women's varsity teams and formerly the Cleveland City Stars of the USL First Division. Krenzler Field became the home of Cleveland's Minor League Soccer team AFC Cleveland of the National Premier Soccer League in 2013. It is named in honor of Judge Alvin Krenzler.
The 1,680 seat stadium was built in 1985 and has received many upgrades since, including the addition of an air supported dome in winter months to provide an indoor practice facility. The field surface is FieldTurf.
- Lubinger, Bill (September 16, 2010). "Alvin 'Buddy' Krenzler, federal judge and developer, dies at 89". The Plain Dealer. Cleveland, Ohio. Retrieved September 17, 2010.
- Information at CSU athletics
- Facilities - Official Athletic Site of Cleveland State University
- Krenzler Field - Official Athletic Site of Cleveland State University
- AFC Cleveland Royals - Stadium
|This article about a sports venue in Ohio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|