Kota Srinivasa Rao
Kota Srinivasa Rao
|Member of the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly for Vijayawada East|
|Preceded by||Vangaveeti Ratnakumari|
|Succeeded by||Vangaveeti Radha Krishna|
|Born||10 July 1943|
Vijayawada, Madras Presidency, British India (now Andhra Pradesh, India)
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Residence||Film Nagar, Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Awards||Padma Shri (2015)|
Kota Srinivasa Rao is an Indian film actor, known for his excellent work primarily in Telugu cinema and Telugu theatre. He has also starred in few films in Tamil, Hindi, Kannada and Malayalam. As former politician, Rao has served as MLA from Vijayawada East in Andhra Pradesh, India from 1999 to 2004. He made his debut with the Telugu film Pranam Khareedu in 1978. He starred in seven hundred and fifty feature films. He has received nine state Nandi Awards as best character, villain and supporting actor. In 2012, he has garnered the South Indian International Movie Awards (SIIMA), for his work in Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum. In 2015, he received India's fourth highest civilian honor Padma Shri for his contribution to Indian cinema.
He received wide critical acclaim for his diverse roles in hits such as Attarintiki Daredi (2013), Julayi (2012), Dookudu (2011), Rakta Charitra (2010), Leader (2010), Ready (2008), Sarkar (2006), Bommarillu (2006), Pournami (2006), Athadu (2005), Malliswari (2004), Tagore (2003), Idiot (2002), Student No. 1 (2001), Ganesh (1998), Anaganaga Oka Roju (1997), Aha Naa Pellanta (1987), Aame (1994), Hello Brother (1994), Govindha Govindha (1993), Gaayam (1993), Money (1993), Sathruvu (1990), Shiva (1989), Pratighatana (1986), and Repati Pourulu (1986). In 2003, he made his debut in Tamil film Saamy as a suave villain. He played a negative role Saniyan Saggadai in the Tamil film Thirupaachi.
His father Kota Seetha Rama Anjaneyulu was a doctor. Srinivasa initially aimed to become a doctor but eventually couldn't make it because of his love towards acting. He started his career on stage in drama plays during college. He has a Bachelor of science degree and worked as a State Bank employee before entering the film industry.
He is married to Rukmini and has three children (2 daughters and a son). He lost his son Kota Venkata Anjaneya Prasad on 20 June 2010 in a road accident in Hyderabad. Prasad acted in J. D. Chakravarthy's flick Siddham and alongside his father in Gaayam 2 (2010). His acting was critically acclaimed.
- Nandi Special Jury Award – Pratighatana (1985)
- Nandi Award for Best Villain – Gaayam (1993)
- Nandi Award for Best Villain – Teerpu (1994)
- Nandi Award for Best Character Actor – Little Soldiers (1996)
- Nandi Award for Best Villain – Ganesh (1998)
- Nandi Award for Best Villain – Chinna (2000)
- Nandi Award for Best Supporting Actor – Prudhvi Narayana (2002)
- Nandi Award for Best Character Actor – Aa Naluguru (2004)
- Nandi Award for Best Character Actor – Pellaina Kothalo (2006)
- Other honours
|1987||Aha Naa Pellanta||Lakshmipathi|
|Attagaru Zindabad||Chintapikkala Chinna Rao|
|Sri Kanaka Maalakshmi Recording Dance Troop||Yella Papa Rao|
|Sahasam Cheyara Dimbhaka||Harmonium Hanumantha Rao|
|Choopulu Kalasina Subhavela||Gurnadham|
|Khaidi No. 786||Surya Chandra Rao|
|Pavan – Subblakshmi Preminchukunnarata|
|Hai Hai Nayaka||Pedda Rayudu|
|Bava Bava Panneeru|
|1990||Chevilo Puvvu||Manager Venkateswara Rao|
|Jayammu Nischayammu Raa!||Patel|
|Bobbili Raja||Ahobala Rao|
|Raja Vikramarka||Raja Kotappa|
|1991||Seetharamayya Gari Manavaralu||Veerabhadraiah|
|Stoovertpuram Police Station|
|Prema Entha Madhuram||Narayan Rao|
|Rowdy Alludu||Venkat Ramudu|
|Chitram Bhalare Vichitram||G. Garudachalam|
|Chitemma Mogudu||Military Babai|
|President Gari Pellam||Nadamuni|
|Jamba Lakidi Pamba|
|Ish Gup Chup|
|Akka Pettanam Chelleli Kapuram|
|1994||Govinda Govinda||Satyananda Swamy|
|Hello Brother||Tadi Mattayya|
|Alibaba Aradajanu Dongalu|
|Evandi Aavida Vachindi|
|Alluda Majaka||Kota Pentaiah|
|Gharana Bullodu||Ammaji's husband|
|Maato Pettukoku||Mayor Geedapenta Basavaiah|
|Intlo Illalu Vantintlo Priyuralu||Sriram's father|
|Little Soldiers||Major Harishchandra Prasad|
|Akkada Abbai Ikkada Ammayi||Suleiman|
|Oho Naa Pellanta||Vallabha Rao|
|Anaganaga Oka Roju|
|Maa Nannaki Pelli||Subba Raju|
|1998||Aavida Maa Aavide||Murari|
|Ganesh||Health Minister Samba Sivudu|
|Nuvvu Vastavani||Koteswara Rao|
|Vamsi||Ankineedu's gang member|
|Cheliya Cheliya Chirukopama|
|Sakumba Saparivara Sametamga|
|Thirupathi Ezhumalai Venkatesa||Kota|
|Student No. 1||Leakage Sambashiva Rao|
|Daddy||Shanti's paternal uncle|
|Maa Avida Meda Ottu|
|Maa Aayana Sundarayya|
|Prematho Raa||Chandu's grandfather|
|Family Circus||Lance Naik Bhaghat|
|Thank You Subba Rao|
|Idem Oorura Babu|
|Avunu Valliddaru Ishtapaddaru|
|Santosham||Himsaraju / Vikram|
|Tappu Chesi Pappu Koodu|
|Idiot||Head Constable Venkata Swamy|
|Premalo Pavani Kalyan|
|Donga Ramudu & Party|
|Pellamto Panenti||Kalyani's father|
|Athidi||MLA Maccha Srinu|
|Lakshyam||Chandu & Bose's father|
|Aadavari Matalaku Ardhalu Verule||Ganesh's father|
|Visakha Express||Dr. Raja's father|
|Idi Sangathi||Chief Minister|
|Nee Sukhame Ne Korukunna||Sarvabhouma Rao|
|Salute||Home Minister Kondal Rao|
|Hare Ram||G. Siva Reddy (Health Minister)|
|Hero||Ram Mohan Rao|
|Rajavari Chepala Cheruvu|
|Sare Nee Istam|
|Kalyan Ram Kathi||Krishna Mohan's father|
|Gaayam 2||Guru Narayana|
|Rakta Charitra||Rajidi Nagamani Reddy|
|Rakta Charitra 2|
|Kathi Kantha Rao||Ringu Raja Rao|
|Dhammu||Raja of Veera Durgam Fort|
|Nenu Naa Rakshasi||Vishwanath|
|Gabbar Singh||Bhagyalakshmi's father|
|Poola Rangadu||Ranga's father|
|Denikaina Ready||Rudrama Naidu|
|Cameraman Gangatho Rambabu||Jawahar Naidu|
|Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum||Subrahmanyam|
|2013||Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu||Brahmananda Rao|
|Attarintiki Daredi||Siddhappa Naidu|
|Prathinidhi||Chief Minister Sambasiva Rao|
|Run Raja Run||Minister Govindharaju|
|Govindudu Andarivadele||Balaraju's brother|
|S/O Satyamurthy||Devaraj's Father|
|Subramanyam for Sale||Govind's father|
|2017||Gunturodu||MLA Koteswara Rao|
|2018||Achari America Yatra||Dadaji|
|ABCD: American Born Confused Desi||Narayana Rao|
|Oorantha Anukuntunnaru||Oori Pedda|
|2008||Sadhu Miranda||Venkata Sabhapathy|
|Sathyam||Home Minister Kondal Dhasan|
|2013||All in All Azhagu Raja||Chokkanathan|
|2014||Malini 22 Palayamkottai||Santhanam|
|2018||Saamy 2||Ilaiya Perumal (Perumal Pichai)|
|2006||Darwaza Bandh Rakho||Veterinary Doctor Umapathi|
|2009||Ek: The Power of One|
|2010||Rakta Charitra||Rajidi Nagamani Reddy|
|2010||Rakta Charitra 2|
|2012||Gabbar Singh (film)||Mandu Babulam|
As dubbing artist
|1999||Oke Okkadu||Manivannan||Telugu version|
|2000||Priyaralu Pilichindi||Manivannan||Telugu Version|
|2005||Arul||Kollam Thulasi||Tamil Version|
- "Kota Srinivasa Rao: Movies, Photos, Videos, News & Biography". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 7 October 2018. Retrieved 7 October 2018.
- "The Hindu : Doubts over Vijayawada(East) seat for Kota Srinivasa Rao". Hindu.com. Archived from the original on 15 July 2014. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- IANS (25 January 2015). "Actor Kota Srinivasa Rao gets Padma Shri". business-standard.com. Archived from the original on 14 April 2015. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- "Srinivasa Rao Kota". IMDb. Archived from the original on 10 January 2015. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- "Welcome to Superhit". Thesuperhit.com. Archived from the original on 30 December 2014. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- "Allu Ramalingaiah award is special: Kota Srinivasa Rao". Filmibeat.com. Archived from the original on 25 July 2014. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- "myinfoindia.com". www.myinfoindia.com. Archived from the original on 12 April 2015. Retrieved 8 April 2015.
- PTI. "Advani, Bachchan, Dilip Kumar get Padma Vibhushan". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 20 January 2016. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- "Kota Srinivasa Rao lashes out at directors". Super Good Movies. 17 January 2012. Archived from the original on 17 January 2012.
- "Telugu film 'Masti' deals with realistic subject: Film's producer Ravi K Punnam". IBNLive. Archived from the original on 27 April 2014. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- Special Correspondent. "Actor Kota's son killed in accident". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 20 January 2016. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- "Kota's son killed in bike-lorry collision". Deccan Chronicle. 22 June 2010. Archived from the original on 22 June 2010.
- "Padma Awards 2015". Press Information Bureau. Archived from the original on 26 January 2015. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- "నంది అవార్డు విజేతల పరంపర (1964 - 2008)" [A series of Nandi Award Winners (1964 - 2008)] (PDF) (in Telugu). Information & Public Relations of Andhra Pradesh. 13 March 2010. p. 37. Retrieved 9 January 2021.
- "Allu Ramalingaiah award is special: Kota Srinivasa Rao". www.filmibeat.com. Archived from the original on 25 July 2014. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kota Srinivasa Rao.|