|Born||17 February 1975|
Bishkek, Kirgiz SSR, Soviet Union
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||74 kg (163 lb)|
|Club||KSV Köllerbach (GER)|
|Coached by||Heinrich Schneider|
Konstantin Schneider (born February 17, 1975 in Bishkek, Kirgiz SSR, Soviet Union) is an amateur German Greco-Roman wrestler, who played for the men's middleweight category. He won a silver medal for his division at the 2003 World Wrestling Championships in Créteil, France, and bronze at the 2005 World Wrestling Championships in Budapest, Hungary. Schneider is also a member of the wrestling team for KSV Köllerbach in Püttlingen, and is coached and trained by his father Heinrich Schneider.
Schneider made his official debut for the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, where he placed second in the preliminary pool of the men's 74 kg class, against Russia's Varteres Samurgashev, Ukraine's Volodymyr Shatskykh, and Sweden's Mohammad Babulfath.
At the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, Schneider competed for the second time in the men's 74 kg class. He defeated Algeria's Messaoud Zeghdane in the preliminary round of sixteen, before losing out the quarterfinal match to Georgia's Manuchar Kvirkvelia, who was able to score eight points in two straight periods, leaving Schneider without a single point. Because his opponent advanced further into the final match, Schneider offered another shot for the bronze medal by entering the repechage rounds. Unfortunately, he was defeated in the first round by France's Christophe Guénot, with a two-set technical score (1–2, 1–2), and a classification point score of 1–3.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Konstantin Schneider". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- "Schneider erkämpft Silber bei Ringer-WM" [Schneider won silver at the World Wrestling Championships] (in German). Schwäbische. 5 October 2003. Archived from the original on 17 February 2013. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- "Ringen: Konstantin Schneider gewinnt bei Ringer-WM Bronze" [Wrestling: Konstantin Schneider wins bronze in World Wrestling Championships] (in German). Hamburgen Morgenpost. 1 October 2005. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- "Die Vorstellung unserer Olympioniken: Konstantin Schneider" [The presentation of our Olympians: Konstantin Schneider] (in German). Netz Athleten Magazin. 22 July 2008. Archived from the original on 17 February 2013. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- "Schneider als letzter deutscher Ringer ausgeschieden" [Schneider retired as the last German wrestler] (in German). Schwäbische. 25 August 2004. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- "Men's Greco-Roman 74kg (163 lbs) Quarterfinal Official". NBC Olympics. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- "Men's Greco-Roman 74kg (163 lbs) Repechage Round 2 Official". NBC Olympics. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
|This biographical article relating to a German sport wrestler or wrestling coach is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|