First air date
|September 9, 2011|
|Slogan||Independen | Terpercaya (Independent | Reliable)|
|Rosiana Silalahi (Editor in Chief)|
|September 9, 2011|
Kompas TV (stylized as KOMPASTV) is a national terrestrial private television station in Indonesia. Kompas TV is a television content provider owned by Kompas Gramedia Group; the media group based on Kompas daily, one of Indonesia's leading newspapers, established by Jakob Oetama. Kompas TV was launched on September 9, 2011 with a ”Simfoni Semesta Raya” performance. Kompas TV's tag line is "Independent | Reliable" (Indonesian: Independen | Terpercaya).
Kompas HD is a simulcast of Kompas TV, Indonesia's first free to air high definition channel, currently Available on K-Vision and Biznet. On January 28, 2016, Kompas TV was relaunched as a news channel.
Hours before the maiden broadcast, the Indonesia Broadcasting Commission issued a statement that Kompas TV did not have a broadcasting license. In response, Kompas TV announced that the channel was merely a content provider and was not required to have a broadcast license because its content could be aired on regional and international channels. Kompas TV started their broadcast through local television networks in some of the Indonesian provinces. The local television networks featured 70% local content and 30% Kompas TV programmes. The local TV stations that air the Kompas TV network are:
Other Indonesian cities are expected to follow later through the establishment of local stations that relay Kompas broadcasts. Since 9 September 2011, Kompas TV has been available through these pay television networks:
Kompas TV Digital
Programmes on Kompas TV are different from other Indonesian networks. News shows (such as Kompas Pagi) are included. Children's programming is broadcast every weekdays, such as Jalan Sesama and Science is Fun, and cartoons like Sid the Science Kid and Dinosaur Train. Sports like Formula 1 are the best for Kompas TV because Kompas TV was the first HD channel to broadcast F1. Dramas likes Duet and Antologi are primetime series.
- Insprasi Indonesia (Indonesia's Inspiration) (2011-2016)
- Berita dan Informasi (News and Information) (2015-2016)
- Berita dan Inspirasi Indonesia (News and Indonesia's Inspiration) (2016-2017)
- Independen | Terpercaya (Independent | Reliable) (since 2017)
- Gedung Kompas TV Diresmikan
- Tweet Kompas TV mengenai sistem berjaringan (1 dari 2)
- A. Wisnubrata (9 September 2011). "'Kompas' di Layar Kaca Diluncurkan Malam Ini". Kompas.com (in Indonesian). KOMPAS.com. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- "Kompas TV launched amid KPI warning". The Jakarta Post. PT. Bina Media Tenggara. 9 October 2011. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- Tweet Kompas TV mengenai sistem berjaringan (2 dari 2)
- Tweet Kompas TV mengenai daftar saluran (1 dari 2)
- Tweet Kompas TV mengenai daftar saluran (2 dari 2)
- Tweet KompasTV mengenai ketersediaan di televisi berlangganan
- Suryanto (3 August 2011). "Kompas TV Sewa "Bandwidth" Satelit Palapa Indosat". Antara news (in Indonesian). www.antaranews.com. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- Oleh Arif Pitoyo (11 September 2011). "Kominfo peringatkan Kompas TV". Bisnis Indonesia (in Indonesian). Bisnis Indonesia. Retrieved 11 June 2012.