|Indian Railway Station|
Koderma Railway station platform
|Location||Station Road, Koderma, Koderma district, Jharkhand|
|Elevation||398 metres (1,306 ft)|
|Line(s)||Asansol-Gaya section of Grand Chord, Howrah-Gaya-Delhi line and Howrah-Allahabad-Mumbai line, Koderma-Hazarbagh-Ranchi line, Koderma- Giridih line and Koderma Tilaiya line|
|Bicycle facilities||Not Available|
|Zone(s)||East Central Railway|
|Source: Google maps |
Koderma Junction Railway Station, station code KQR, is railway station of the Indian railway serving the city of Jhumri Telaiya, Koderma, the headquarters of Koderma district in the Indian state of Jharkhand. Koderma is in the Dhanbad Rail Division of the East Central Railway zone. Grand Chord rail-line that connects Howrah and New Delhi passes through Koderma junction. Other 3 lines have been connected with Koderma making it a Junction namely Koderma-Hazarbagh-Ranchi line, Koderma- Giridih line and Koderma Tilaiya line. Koderma is located at . It has an elevation of 398 metres (1,306 ft). Koderma has a rail connectivity with the other major parts of the country such as Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Indore, Bhopal, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Nagpur, Pune, Guwahati etc.
The Gomoh-Koderma sector was electrified in 1961-62.
The station houses all the major facilities like waiting rooms, computerized reservation facility, bookshop, etc.
Koderma Station's location on the Grand Chord, makes it served by numerous express and superfast trains from all over the country. Several electrified local passenger trains also run from Koderma to neighbouring destinations at regular intervals.
The nearest airports to Koderma Station are:
- Birsa Munda Airport, Ranchi 157 kilometres (98 mi)
- Gaya Airport 77 kilometres (48 mi)
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata
- Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Airport, Patna 183 kilometres (114 mi)
- "Koderma Station". Wikimapia. Retrieved 1 December 2011.
- "IR History – Part III (1900-1947)". IRFCA. Retrieved 23 April 2013.
- "History of Electrification". IRFCA. Retrieved 20 April 2013.
- "List of Locations (Irrespective Of States) Where Computerized Reservation Facilities Are Available". Official website of the Indian Railways. Archived from the original on 3 July 2013. Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- "Trains at Koderma". India Rail Info. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "Ghanbad Junction Railway Station Details". indiantrains.org. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
|This article about a railway station in the Indian state of Jharkhand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|