Knox Township, Guernsey County, Ohio
covered bridge over Indian Camp Run
Location of Knox Township in Guernsey County
|• Total||25.02 sq mi (64.81 km2)|
|• Land||25.02 sq mi (64.80 km2)|
|• Water||0.004 sq mi (0.01 km2)|
|Elevation||1,040 ft (317 m)|
|• Density||23/sq mi (8.7/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086182|
Located in the northwestern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Wheeling Township - northeast
- Liberty Township - east
- Cambridge Township - southeast
- Adams Township - south
- Highland Township, Muskingum County - southwest corner
- Monroe Township, Muskingum County - west
- Linton Township, Coshocton County - northwest
No municipalities are located in Knox Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Knox township, Guernsey County, Ohio". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved January 19, 2017.
- Sarchet, Cyrus Parkinson Beatty (1911). History of Guernsey County, Ohio, Volume 1. B.F. Bowen & Company. p. 296.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- ��503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.