Knebworth railway station
|Location||Knebworth, District of North Hertfordshire|
|Managed by||Great Northern|
|Classification||DfT category E|
|Original company||Great Northern Railway|
|Pre-grouping||Great Northern Railway|
|Post-grouping||London and North Eastern Railway|
|1 February 1884||Station opened|
Knebworth railway station serves the village of Knebworth in Hertfordshire, England. It is 25 miles 3 chains (40.29 km) from London King's Cross on the East Coast Main Line. Train services are currently provided by Thameslink and Great Northern.
In 2009 previous franchise holder First Capital Connect installed tactile surfaces to the stations stairways, after it gained funding from the Department for Transport as part of its "Access For All" scheme.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
Great Northern Route
Peak Hours Only
- Annual estimated intercity rail passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at this station from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.
- Padgett, David (October 2016) . Brailsford, Martyn (ed.). Railway Track Diagrams 2: Eastern (4th ed.). Frome: Trackmaps. map 15B. ISBN 978-0-9549866-8-1.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- Nock, O.S. (1958). The Great Northern Railway. London: Ian Allan. p. 23.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- Butt, R.V.J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations. Yeovil: Patrick Stephens Ltd. p. 136. ISBN 1-85260-508-1. R508.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 22 July 2010. Retrieved 23 May 2010.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Timetable 13: Cambridge, Royston and Letchworth to London" (PDF). Govia Thameslink Railway, December 2019.
|This article about a railway station in the East of England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|