The Kimberley Echo is a Kununurra, Western Australia based community newspaper.
It was founded in 1980 by James O'Kenny (born James Kenny) (died August 15, 2011 in Kununurra) and Brian Cole. It was a fortnightly paper from 1980 to 1993, and then became weekly in 1993. National Library and Battye Library holdings details show changes in publication.
- Referred to in his obituaries as Gelignite Jim
- Nathan Dyer, 29 August 2011, The West Australian, page 37 The explosive life of Gelignite Jim
- James O'Kenny - information about the founder of the Kimberley Echo and some history of the newspaper, Sunday times (Perth, W.A.), 18 Sept. 1988, p. 57
- Kimberley Echo - detailed history of the newspaper - in - Campaign brief, May 1996, p.42,
- http://pandora.nla.gov.au/pan/128605/20110926-0933/www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemid/787032/fromitemid/751046.html ACCC inquiry
|This Western Australia article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Australian newspaper-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|